Random Thought

Old March 30th 12, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Random Thought

Because Cambridge refuses to provide a file update that OLC needs to maintain the integration. They have been asking for years, and Cambridge has failed to deliver. OLC is volunteer and charges no fee. Cambridge is the problem, not OLC.

May I suggest buying a new logger? Nano? 500 bucks? Works great. Perhaps a non Cambridge? Cambridge is no longer supporting this model apparently....

This question was answered by OLC at the Reno convention.

Sean
F2

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:48:56 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Mar 29, 1:08*pm, Steve Leonard wrote:
I suspect many have gotten a notice from OLC saying "Your partnership
is about to end." *Wonder if they might be more willing to work to
accept standard .cai files from Cambridge Model 10/20/25 loggers if
they heard from enough of us with a standard reply such as:

"My support for OLC has ended because your support of my logger has
ended. *My support of you will resume when your support of me
resumes."

Yes, I know. *We have all been through the discussions about files,
standard formats, acceptable means of blah blah blah. *Money talks.
If OLC looses too much support (and I know they are losing some), but
has it dangled back in front of them, maybe there would be motivation
for what on the surface appears to be a relatively easy thing to check
for and accept. *I know they have very sharp people working for them.
I can't imagine it would take them too long to figure out how to
accept and validate a standard .cai file for their scoring purposes.

Your random thoughts?

Steve
ZS

What I don't understand is ....if it used to work, why can't it
continue to work....I don't get it!
Dan

A Random Comment birdog[_2_] Piloting 33 June 3rd 10 05:31 AM
random-8.jpg Troy[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 August 29th 09 03:01 PM
Random Pic...B-47 Dr.Smith Aviation Photos 0 July 15th 09 02:59 AM
Random Pic....B-52D Dr.Smith Aviation Photos 5 June 10th 09 02:09 PM
Random thoughts 2 Bill Daniels Soaring 6 September 1st 06 05:37 AM