Makin' Stencils

Old April 7th 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Makin' Stencils

When the big old BlueonBlue182 goes on an overnighter, it is much easier to
carry "stuff" in those nylon drawtop bags than in suitcases, boxes, etc..
The drawback is that you can't really tell what is in the bag without
pulling it out, opening it up, etc.

(Please don't tell me to buy color coded bags. It is hard enough to find
exactly the right size for a job without specifying color too.)

Anyway, I just want to stencil a contents label on the outside of the bag
with plain old white paint, and the only way I can see to do it is to use
the "stencil" font in a word processor and cut the stencil out with an
exacto knife. That is a pain in the labonza for a dozen or so bags.

Anybody got a q&d method of making stencils?

Jim

Old April 7th 07, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Charles Vincent

RST Engineering wrote:
When the big old BlueonBlue182 goes on an overnighter, it is much easier to
carry "stuff" in those nylon drawtop bags than in suitcases, boxes, etc..
The drawback is that you can't really tell what is in the bag without
pulling it out, opening it up, etc.

(Please don't tell me to buy color coded bags. It is hard enough to find
exactly the right size for a job without specifying color too.)

Anyway, I just want to stencil a contents label on the outside of the bag
with plain old white paint, and the only way I can see to do it is to use
the "stencil" font in a word processor and cut the stencil out with an
exacto knife. That is a pain in the labonza for a dozen or so bags.

Anybody got a q&d method of making stencils?

Jim

Buy T Shirt transfer paper for your Ink jet printer, print it out and
Iron it on. Make sure the transfer paper you buy is good for nylon, not
all are I don't think.

Charles
Old April 7th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Scott[_1_]

Do you want a specific font or will any do? I'm sure Wal Mart or any
office supply place sells cardboard stencils. The downside is you have
to do a letter at a time.

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/

Old April 7th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Charles Vincent

RST Engineering wrote:
I don't believe that inkjets can do white printing and a lot of the bags are
black.

Jim

"Charles Vincent" wrote in message
. ..
Buy T Shirt transfer paper for your Ink jet printer, print it out and Iron
it on. Make sure the transfer paper you buy is good for nylon, not all
are I don't think.

Charles

Then go with a simple iron on letter like they use for football jerseys.

They are a bit larger, usually starting at a little under an inch, but
white is readily available. Or- since these are duffel bags, why not
just make aluminum tags for the draw strings and use a metal letter
punch to identify them?

Charlesd
Old April 7th 07, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Maxwell

Sorry for posting under your message Scott, but I don't get any of Jim's
original messages.

If color only would be desired, you can wrap the bag handles with colored
electrical tape. I organize a lot of things with it.

Also, the house numbering section of most home improvement stores carry the
cardboard stencils.

Old April 7th 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Drew Dalgleish

Real men sew their own bags! Maybe they should do embroidery as
well. What's wrong with just freehanding labels with a white paint
stick?

Old April 7th 07, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Rich S.[_1_]

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
When the big old BlueonBlue182 goes on an overnighter, it is much easier
to carry "stuff" in those nylon drawtop bags than in suitcases, boxes,
etc.. The drawback is that you can't really tell what is in the bag
without pulling it out, opening it up, etc.

Stencils? STENCILS?

Mr. Wier, I am shocked! As the President, CEO, CFO, and Big Cheese of a
world-renowned aircraft electronics corporation I cannot believe that you
would resort to something so crude.

I'll let you take it from here, but I'm thinkin' each bag has it's own jump
drive with the contents, both a list and pictures, attached to the
drawstring which are broadcasting a bluetooth signal to your handheld PDA.

Now, run with it, Tiger!

Rich S.

Old April 7th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Why did I know something like this was going to happen?

{;-)

Jim