current small aircraft market????

Old May 21st 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default current small aircraft market????

Matt - it looks like their issue was 50 Hrs in type at the time of the
request. Also, you were asking for straight liability only - no hull
coverage. Were you approaching the request as a renter?

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

I sent and looked and I kept the email:

I emailed you a quote for liability only, I hope you received it. The
company I quoted is AIG. The highest limit they will offer at this time
is
the industry standard 1mil/100K. They will require at least 50 hours in
the make/model before they would offer higher limits, maybe next year. If
you have any more questions, or wish to bind the coverage, just give me a
call.

Old May 21st 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On May 19, 8:58 pm, wrote:
On May 19, 4:57 pm, "Private" wrote: In the 'Would you buy this engine' thread,

Peter R. said "With the glut of aircraft on the market"

There is also the possibility that the new Light-Sport Aircraft
flooding the market have an influence on the market. There are over
100 LSA models available now and more coming everyday. Fun flying for
4 to 5 gph sure is nice when gas costs $3 to $4 a gallon. Looking at
statistics pilots fly less than 100 hours a year and carry one or less
passengers so the Light-Sport Aircraft can cover most of the fun
flying done today statistically. I'm not saying the LSAs are doing all
the flying just that they might be having an affect and growing.

Yep, might have to do with the medical requirements for LS as
well as fuel costs, etc. I see a lot of grey hair (ok, so I've
sprouted
a few myself:-) around the GA fields these days. If you have the
choice of "try renewing class 3, but if theres problems..." vs
"don't renew and fly on your drivers license"?

Here in Canada, we don't have Light Sport, but they are talking
about it and I hope they do follow the FAA lead.

Wouldn't mind a good, cheap Decathlon myself, rick

Old May 21st 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Jim Carter wrote:
Matt - it looks like their issue was 50 Hrs in type at the time of the
request. Also, you were asking for straight liability only - no hull
coverage. Were you approaching the request as a renter?

I asked for full coverage at first including $1MM smooth liability (see
below), but after I fell out of my chair seeing the premium and they
hadn't quoted the $1MM smooth per my request. I then asked again what
liability only would be with $1MM smooth since they had given no reason
for not quoting the requested covered in round 1. I then got the
response that they wouldn't write that coverage so I passed on purchase
of the 210. If I can't fly on company business, my person "business
case" for buying an airplane is in much poorer shape...

Matt

I. AIRCRAFT DESCRIPTION & PHYSICAL DAMAGE COVERAGE

Aircraft 1 of 1
NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Number of Seats 6
Insured Value $70,000
Hull Coverage Full Ground & Flight
Deductible In Motion/Ingestion: $100
Deductible Not In Motion: $100

Approved Pilots for Aircraft NJAS3068 with requirements if applicable
Matthew Whiting
Any other pilots: Any private pilot or better having an instrument
rating having a minimum of 750 total logged hours including 250 hours in
retractable gear aircraft and at least 25 hours in the make and model.

Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

II. LEGAL LIABILITY PROTECTION - Limits of Liability
Single Limit Each Occurrence Including Passengers $1,000,000
Sub Limit per Passenger if applicable $100,000

III. MEDICAL PAYMENTS Each passenger $1,000

Total Annual Policy Premium $3,785.00
Old May 21st 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ken Reed

NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Insured Value $70,000
Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

That's a major reason I didn't buy a turbo 210 I looked at a few years
ago. Insurance on any 210 was outrageous, according to my broker. I'm
paying less of a yearly premium than quoted above, have 1MM smooth, an
airframe that's 25 years newer and a hull value almost four times that
quoted above. This for my Mooney Bravo.

--
Ken Reed
M20M, N9124X
Old May 21st 07, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Ken Reed wrote:
NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Insured Value $70,000
Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

That's a major reason I didn't buy a turbo 210 I looked at a few years
ago. Insurance on any 210 was outrageous, according to my broker. I'm
paying less of a yearly premium than quoted above, have 1MM smooth, an
airframe that's 25 years newer and a hull value almost four times that
quoted above. This for my Mooney Bravo.

Any idea of why the difference is so dramatic? I thought the 210 had a
decent accident rate.

I'll probably end up with a 182 again as that way I have the required 50
hours in type.

Matt
Old May 21st 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Matt Whiting wrote:

[...]

That's a terrible quote. When I bought my Bo in the summer of 05 I had
zero retract time. About 1100 hours total, almost all in my 182. Hull
value $90K. Premium was $2800 for the same limits as you except the
medical payments are either $3K or $5K, I forget. Last year the premium
was $2300. This year I expect it will be less then $2K especially since
I won't forget to ask to have it insured for four seats only this time.
Old May 21st 07, 10:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Whiting

Newps wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

[...]

I agree, but I couldn't find a better one in my area.

Matt
Old May 21st 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Matt Whiting wrote:
Ken Reed wrote:
NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Insured Value $70,000
Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

That's a major reason I didn't buy a turbo 210 I looked at a few
years ago. Insurance on any 210 was outrageous, according to my
broker. I'm paying less of a yearly premium than quoted above, have
1MM smooth, an airframe that's 25 years newer and a hull value
almost four times that quoted above. This for my Mooney Bravo.

Any idea of why the difference is so dramatic? I thought the 210 had
a decent accident rate.

I'll probably end up with a 182 again as that way I have the required
50 hours in type.

Matt

6 vs 4 seats at least on the later models.

Old May 21st 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Matt Whiting wrote:
Ken Reed wrote:
NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Insured Value $70,000
Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

That's a major reason I didn't buy a turbo 210 I looked at a few
years ago. Insurance on any 210 was outrageous, according to my
broker. I'm paying less of a yearly premium than quoted above, have
1MM smooth, an airframe that's 25 years newer and a hull value
almost four times that quoted above. This for my Mooney Bravo.

Any idea of why the difference is so dramatic? I thought the 210 had
a decent accident rate.

I'll probably end up with a 182 again as that way I have the required
50 hours in type.

Matt

6 vs 4 seats at least on the later models.

When was the 210 a four-seater?

Old May 21st 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Matt Barrow wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Matt Whiting wrote:
Ken Reed wrote:
NJAS3068 1966 CESSNA 210F
Insured Value $70,000
Premium for Aircraft NJAS3068 is $3,785.00

That's a major reason I didn't buy a turbo 210 I looked at a few
years ago. Insurance on any 210 was outrageous, according to my
broker. I'm paying less of a yearly premium than quoted above, have
1MM smooth, an airframe that's 25 years newer and a hull value
almost four times that quoted above. This for my Mooney Bravo.

Any idea of why the difference is so dramatic? I thought the 210
had a decent accident rate.

I'll probably end up with a 182 again as that way I have the
required 50 hours in type.

Matt

6 vs 4 seats at least on the later models.

When was the 210 a four-seater?

Well it used to have the kiddy seats.