Abacus and FS2004 compat question

Old October 2nd 03, 02:36 AM
George Lewis

Default Abacus and FS2004 compat question

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if Abacus' FS Design Studio V2,
Visual Aircraft & Scenery Studio and Custom Panel Designer are FS2004
compatible. Also, does anyone recommend them or NOT recommend them?
If yoiu DON'T, what DO you recommend instead?

I downloaded the 7 day trial of Custom Panel Designer when the website
said it was FS2004 compatible and it wouldn't work. Now it doesn't
say it's FS2004 compatible anymore. As a result, I'm rather cautious
about the other 2, since they don't appear to have 7 day trials for
them.

Thanks

Old October 2nd 03, 05:59 PM
Tom Gibson

Hi,

FSDS and VASS are FS2004 compatible; I use them all the time. However,
until the FS9 SDK is released and they are updated you have to be
content with FS2002 animations, etc. (what everyone else is also using
at this point).

Hope this helps,

--
Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/

Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/

Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/

San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/

Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Old October 3rd 03, 02:22 AM
George Lewis

Thanks... I am guessing I could reinstall FS2002 and use Custom Panel
Designer with it and they would "work" with FS2004 by just copying
them over manually?