Closest SDF, LDA and LOC-BC Approaches

Old June 2nd 04, 06:10 AM
Andrew Sarangan

Default Closest SDF, LDA and LOC-BC Approaches

Is there a search tool I could use to find the closest SDF, LDA and LOC-BC
approaches? With airnav I can only search for precision or nonprecision
approaches. I am looking for examples of the other less common approaches
that are nearby without having to sift through every page of the approach
book.

Old June 2nd 04, 05:10 PM

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

Is there a search tool I could use to find the closest SDF, LDA and LOC-BC
approaches? With airnav I can only search for precision or nonprecision
approaches. I am looking for examples of the other less common approaches
that are nearby without having to sift through every page of the approach
book.

Download the NACO volume from the new NACO approach chart site that covers
your area You will then have a searchable PDF file.

Old June 3rd 04, 06:11 AM
Richard Kaplan

"zatatime" wrote in message

Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find it on their site.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

--------------------
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com

Old June 3rd 04, 06:06 PM
S Green

"Richard Kaplan" wrote in message
s.com...

"zatatime" wrote in message

Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find it on their site.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

No different to AOPA or Airnav, you still have to search one by one. Not
what the OP was looking for I think

Old June 3rd 04, 07:00 PM

S Green wrote:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

No different to AOPA or Airnav, you still have to search one by one. Not
what the OP was looking for I think

Sure, it's different. You download a volume, then you have a searchable PDF
file.

Old June 3rd 04, 07:12 PM
S Green

wrote in message ...

S Green wrote:

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

No different to AOPA or Airnav, you still have to search one by one. Not
what the OP was looking for I think

Sure, it's different. You download a volume, then you have a searchable

PDF
file.

Have you tried downloading a volume?

Old June 3rd 04, 08:25 PM

I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago. The guy working on
aviationtoolbox.org now has the approach plates in a searchable form. He generated a
URL for his site to find RNAV approach plates in my area.

Check googlegroups for my post and his reply: (some modifcation required)
https://aviationtoolbox.org/Members/...= TN&state=NC

-Cory

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
: Is there a search tool I could use to find the closest SDF, LDA and LOC-BC
: approaches? With airnav I can only search for precision or nonprecision
: approaches. I am looking for examples of the other less common approaches
: that are nearby without having to sift through every page of the approach
: book.

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *
* (Just my 20 USm$) *

Old June 3rd 04, 08:59 PM
zatatime

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 05:11:11 GMT, "Richard Kaplan"
wrote:

"zatatime" wrote in message
.. .

Do you have a link for that? I couldn't find it on their site.

http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

Thanks!

Old June 3rd 04, 09:36 PM
Greg Esres

You download a volume

How about a tutorial? ;-) When I select "volume", all it shows me is
a list of all approaches contained in that volume, which must be
downloaded one by one.