OSH-bound

Old July 11th 03, 02:11 PM
Juan Jiménez

Default OSH-bound

Looking for two seats on single or twin bound for OSH, one for myself and
one for my 12 yr old son, would prefer to ride with someone who will be
there the entire week, willing to share gas expense and piloting duties,
PPL, single or multi, taildragger endorsed, high perf and complex, VFR-only
however. Email bd5 at bd5 dot com

--
Get rid of SPAM like I did! http://spamarrest.com/affl?413905

Old July 11th 03, 08:29 PM
Steven (remove wax for reply)

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 14:11:25 -0500, Steve Wertz
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 13:11:03 GMT, "Juan Jiménez"
wrote:

Looking for two seats on single or twin bound for OSH, one for myself and
one for my 12 yr old son, would prefer to ride with someone who will be
there the entire week, willing to share gas expense and piloting duties,
PPL, single or multi, taildragger endorsed, high perf and complex, VFR-only
however. Email bd5 at bd5 dot com

You going to spend a week at Orchard Supply Hardware?

It took me a second ... I got my pilot's license a long time, and used
to read Flying magazine for years. So a pilot would know that he's
talking about the Experimental Aircraft convention in Oshkosh. One of
the things that I want to see one day.

--
Steven -
remove wax for reply
Old July 11th 03, 11:36 PM
RobertR237

In article , "Juan Jiménez"
writes:

Looking for two seats on single or twin bound for OSH, one for myself and
one for my 12 yr old son, would prefer to ride with someone who will be
there the entire week, willing to share gas expense and piloting duties,
PPL, single or multi, taildragger endorsed, high perf and complex, VFR-only
however. Email bd5 at bd5 dot com

--
Get rid of SPAM like I did! http://spamarrest.com/affl?413905

Gee Jaun, you mean that you are not going to fly your famous BD-5J to Oshkosh
to show if off and prove us all wrong? I am surprised by this and very, very
disappointed.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old July 12th 03, 12:30 AM
Justin Case

Not renting a motorhome this time? My one seat has already been
taken, but we're going up with the Bonanza group on Sunday, and I'm
returning on Wednesday. Maybe I'll see you up there.

Old July 12th 03, 02:37 AM
shammer

wrote:

Looking for two seats on single or twin bound for OSH, one for myself and
one for my 12 yr old son, would prefer to ride with someone who will be
there the entire week, willing to share gas expense and piloting duties,
PPL, single or multi, taildragger endorsed, high perf and complex, VFR-only
however. Email bd5 at bd5 dot com

That's one trip I've been promising myself for years (the other one is
a trip to Florida for a shuttle launch). Have fun!
--

shammer (PPL/ASEL)

Old July 12th 03, 02:51 AM
Juan E Jimenez

I wouldn't rent a motorhome to go to OSH, Aero-News rents a house for all of
us writers. Come by the ANN trailer in the press parking lot.

Old July 12th 03, 02:54 AM
Juan E Jimenez

The first time I went, in 2001, I wound up in the hospital the 2nd day after
I got there. Gall bladder went south. Four days later I managed to hobble
back in and cover the last 1.5 days of the show.

In 2002 I managed to last the entire show. I'm hoping I will have good luck
this year as well. Watch www.aero-news.net for my OSH articles!

Old July 12th 03, 04:09 AM
Steven (remove wax for reply)

wrote:

Looking for two seats on single or twin bound for OSH, one for myself and
one for my 12 yr old son, would prefer to ride with someone who will be
there the entire week, willing to share gas expense and piloting duties,
PPL, single or multi, taildragger endorsed, high perf and complex, VFR-only
however. Email bd5 at bd5 dot com

That's one trip I've been promising myself for years (the other one is
a trip to Florida for a shuttle launch). Have fun!

We were visiting some of my wife's family in the Tampa area, when I
decided to go try and see a shuttle launch. My son and I got up at 5
a.m. and drove across the state, and found what we thought might be a
good spot with 15 or 20 minutes to go. A group of people there said
there was another spot a little closer, so we went there. That
location was on the side of a hill, and had large loudspeakers
broadcasting the countdown. We were there for a couple of minutes,
when they stopped the countdown with 19 seconds remaining.

So we missed it that time, but I would do it again.

--
Steven -
remove wax for reply
Old July 12th 03, 04:29 AM
Justin Case

Will do! I'll have your cell number too.

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:51:57 GMT, "Juan E Jimenez"
wrote:

I wouldn't rent a motorhome to go to OSH, Aero-News rents a house for all of
us writers. Come by the ANN trailer in the press parking lot.

.. .