Wave over Appalachian ridge 19 December

Old December 20th 17, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Fox Sierra

Default Wave over Appalachian ridge 19 December

Beautiful images of wave over the ridge yesterday. 1 km resolution from GOES16 at
http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/rams... p_speed_ms=80

Did anybody fly it?

Fernando Silva “FS”
Old December 20th 17, 01:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-5, Fox Sierra wrote:
Beautiful images of wave over the ridge yesterday. 1 km resolution from GOES16 at
http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/rams... p_speed_ms=80

Did anybody fly it?

Fernando Silva “FS”

Two wave systems! And interference... all made visible by cloud. How cool is that? Thanks for sharing.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Old December 20th 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's a blue day at Moriarty, but the sounding indicates the distinct
possibility of wave.* I think I'll give it a try...

--
Dan, 5J
Old December 20th 17, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6:51:06 AM UTC-5, Fox Sierra wrote:
Beautiful images of wave over the ridge yesterday. 1 km resolution from GOES16 at
http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/rams... p_speed_ms=80

Did anybody fly it?

Fernando Silva “FS”

i wistfully shed a tear from my office watching the satloop and looking out the window.
Old December 20th 17, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

I did the same a few years ago while on a site in western Denver.......went outside, saw stacked lennies to the north and wondered why I was working, not flying.......
Sigh......
Old December 20th 17, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

We used to have an official FAA approved "Wave Window" here at Ridge Soaring Gliderport, in central Pennsylvania. The altitude record was slightly more than 39,000 feet MSL.

Most of the time it is used to travel fast / far long distance flights up to, but mostly below 18,000 feet.

Tom Knauff

Old December 20th 17, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 3:22:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
The altitude record was slightly more than 39,000 feet MSL.

Details please!

-Evan Ludeman / T8
Old December 21st 17, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Winds out of the west southwest at 82 knots right now around Moriarty at
18,000'.* I think I'll stay on the ground today.

On 12/20/2017 4:51 AM, Fox Sierra wrote:
Beautiful images of wave over the ridge yesterday. 1 km resolution from GOES16 at
http://rammb.cira.colostate.edu/rams... p_speed_ms=80

Did anybody fly it?

Fernando Silva “FS”

--