FLARM to LK8000 with K6 BT2

Old February 11th 18, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan S

Default FLARM to LK8000 with K6 BT2

Does anyone know how to set up lk8000 to accept FLARM data via a K6 BT2 box?

I have my vario sending data to LK8000 but can't figure out to get the flarm data. My flarm classic's aux output is connected to the second port on the K6 bt2 box but there are no obvious settings for flarm in LK that I can see.

Ant help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old February 11th 18, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I tried that with XCSoar without success.Â* I finally bought a second k6
unit and then, using two comm ports on my Android device, was able to
connect both.Â* When I upgraded to ClearNav II, I used RJ45 splitters and
built cables so that I could run XCSoar on the right side of my Stemme
and ClearNav on the left.

There are hardware solutions available, e.g., THIS
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10748 and/or THIS
https://www.amazon.com/KEDSUM-Arduino-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transceiver/dp/B0093XAV4U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518378376&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+serial
or similar.Â* Build your own cables and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

--
Dan, 5J

Old February 12th 18, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan Foster

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 11:31:52 AM UTC-7, Dan S wrote:
Does anyone know how to set up lk8000 to accept FLARM data via a K6 BT2 box?

I have my vario sending data to LK8000 but can't figure out to get the flarm data. My flarm classic's aux output is connected to the second port on the K6 bt2 box but there are no obvious settings for flarm in LK that I can see.

Ant help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I have played with making custom cables then I tried making a custom bluetooth connection. Both worked ok I guess but I really never loved either. I am now on to using serial over WIFI. So far this has been my favorite and is what I will probably stick with. AlphaLima, the guy that created lk8000, has a really cool project and code to make a serial to wifi adapter. What is really neat about his solution is it will combine serial inputs from up to three different sources. So you can multiplex flarm and vario info in lk8000.