A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

FLARM to LK8000 with K6 BT2

Old February 11th 18, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan S
external usenet poster

Default FLARM to LK8000 with K6 BT2

Does anyone know how to set up lk8000 to accept FLARM data via a K6 BT2 box?

I have my vario sending data to LK8000 but can't figure out to get the flarm data. My flarm classic's aux output is connected to the second port on the K6 bt2 box but there are no obvious settings for flarm in LK that I can see.

Ant help is appreciated.

Thanks.
Old February 11th 18, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

I tried that with XCSoar without success.Â* I finally bought a second k6
unit and then, using two comm ports on my Android device, was able to
connect both.Â* When I upgraded to ClearNav II, I used RJ45 splitters and
built cables so that I could run XCSoar on the right side of my Stemme
and ClearNav on the left.

There are hardware solutions available, e.g., THIS
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/retired/10748 and/or THIS
https://www.amazon.com/KEDSUM-Arduino-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transceiver/dp/B0093XAV4U/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518378376&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+serial
or similar.Â* Build your own cables and you should be good to go.

Good luck!

On 2/11/2018 11:31 AM, Dan S wrote:

I have my vario sending data to LK8000 but can't figure out to get the flarm data. My flarm classic's aux output is connected to the second port on the K6 bt2 box but there are no obvious settings for flarm in LK that I can see.

Ant help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Dan, 5J

Old February 12th 18, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan Foster
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 11:31:52 AM UTC-7, Dan S wrote:

Ant help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I have played with making custom cables then I tried making a custom bluetooth connection. Both worked ok I guess but I really never loved either. I am now on to using serial over WIFI. So far this has been my favorite and is what I will probably stick with. AlphaLima, the guy that created lk8000, has a really cool project and code to make a serial to wifi adapter. What is really neat about his solution is it will combine serial inputs from up to three different sources. So you can multiplex flarm and vario info in lk8000.