Vertical Card Compass compatible with "V" brace?

Old July 8th 03, 05:55 PM
Jeff P

Default Vertical Card Compass compatible with "V" brace?

I have a 172XP with a float kit "V" brace on the glare shield. Does
anyone have any experience with mounting a vertical card compass next
to hunks of steel tubing? Do you think I have any hope of being able
to calibrate here?
Old July 11th 03, 03:46 AM
Patric Barry

You could have your mechanic mount it at the top of the windshield with an
aluminum bracket - don't forget to use brass bolts.

You will have a problem if it is adjacent to steel - even the radios upset
the balance - I'd put it as far away from iron as you can get it.

Pat

om...