PC-12 type rating

Old December 31st 04, 11:16 PM
snowbird

Default PC-12 type rating

Help

I'm a swiss pilot and I'd like to do some flying in Australia next
March. Does anyone know if there is a place in OZ where I could get a
PC-12 type rating?

I'm looking forwards for any response.

Happy landings
Peter

--
snowbird
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old January 5th 05, 08:15 PM
Stefan

Tom wrote:

I'm a swiss pilot ...

I don't think you need a type rating to fly a PC-12.

Yes. At least in Switzerland, you do.

Stefan
Old January 5th 05, 08:40 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 10:16:49 +1100, snowbird
wrote in
::

I'm a swiss pilot and I'd like to do some flying in Australia next
March. Does anyone know if there is a place in OZ where I could get a
PC-12 type rating?

I'm looking forwards for any response.

Click the Training link on the left: http://www.pc12.com/

The training course is presented in the training facilities at
Pilatus Aircraft Ltd. Stans, Switzerland. Courses in other
locations (in customer's country) can be offered on request.

Phone: + 41 41 619 6513

-------------------------

Here's a likely flight academy:
http://www.arenaaviation.com.au/

Arena Aviation
Phone: 61 7 3277 6566
E-mail:

Old January 5th 05, 08:44 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Tom wrote:

I don't think you need a type rating to fly a PC-12.

Perhaps one does in Australia?

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old January 11th 05, 04:02 AM
snowbird

Thanks for the links Larry

Just to inform all unbelieving, why does a Swiss pilot a 'type rating'
of a Swiss Aeroplane overseas:

Example 1:
Costs to get a BGT & Type rating on a PC-6
Groundcourse: AU$ 4'000.-
Then flying 15hrs each AU$ 1'800.- = AU$ 27'000.-
over all ca. AU$ 30'000.-

While you get a BGT & turbine rating in AU for NZ$ 3'500.-
other shocking prices:
CPL/IR ground course ca. 6'000.-
ATPL ground course ca. AU$11'000.-
ATPL books ca. AU$ 1'650.-

Example 2:
Yes, in Switzerland you do need type ratings (familiarisation logged in
your pilot logbook) even between individual planes like C-152 to C-172
or to PA28.

So I don't give up and may find a place where I can do some flying in a
Pilatus.

Happy landings
Peter

--
snowbird
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Instrument Rating Checkride PASSED (Very Long) Alan Pendley Instrument Flight Rules 24 December 16th 04 02:16 PM
Type Rating Ron Elmer Piloting 14 October 12th 04 01:34 AM
Wanted to Buy/Trade: CTH Bayonet Type Probes aRKay Aviation Marketplace 0 August 14th 04 03:40 PM
Enlisted pilots John Randolph Naval Aviation 41 July 21st 03 02:11 PM