Ozark Pitts Fly-in

Old October 30th 04, 08:37 PM
ShawnD2112

Default Ozark Pitts Fly-in

Hello!
Anybody here going to the Ozark Pitts Fly-in in Alabama next weekend? Me
and three mates are coming over from the UK to join in the fun and find some
reasonably warm weather!

http://www.curtispittsflyin.com/

Shawn
Pitts S-1D G-BKVP

Old November 1st 04, 08:45 PM
Andrew Boyd

ShawnD2112 wrote:

Anybody here going to the Ozark Pitts Fly-in in Alabama next weekend?

See ya there! I'm heading down Thursday 4th. See you at "The Brass Rail"
which is mostly inhabited by retired Vietnam helicopter pilots, who are
amongst the minority of people who think what we aerobatic pilots do is
quite sensible :-)

You're probably flying into Dothan (it's pronounced Doe-than,not DOTH-an)
where you can rent a car and drive up the highway to Ozark. Stop by
Blackwell field, Marshall's hangar is pretty easy to find.

--
aboyd ATP www.pittspecials.com/images/takeoff.jpg
Old November 1st 04, 09:19 PM
wallyairplanefan

Hi Shawn,
yes I hope to be there too! I am building a Pitts S-1C with Sparcraft
wings. You sure have a lot longer trip than I will have coming
(driving)from Memphis Tn. I thought about flying my Cessina 150 but
didn't want to worry about getting caught by weather on the way back.
I REALLY wanted to fly my Pitts to the get-together but looks like I
have about another 6 months of work before it is finished.
Hope to see you there
Wally

Old November 1st 04, 10:21 PM
ShawnD2112

Wally,

Hope to meet you there. My mates and I are flying into Atlanta and then
driving across from there. We're staying at the Jameson Inn. None of us
has ever been to this shindig before, and I'll be the only American in the
foursome. Have you been before? None of us has any real idea what to
expect in terms of size of the gathering, what's happening (except the
flying program which is on the website.

I'm packing tonight. Mostly shorts and T-shirst with some jeans and long
sleeves for the evening. Just looking forward to getting together with a
few other like-minded pilots for lots of airplanes, beer, and outrageous
lies about our own and each other's exploits.

It'd be kinda cool to meet up with anyone else from this newsgroup. Any
tips on a place and time to meet? We're coming in on Thursday so we'll be
at the fly-in from Thursday night to Sunday night.

Hope to see you there!
Shawn
om...

Old November 1st 04, 10:27 PM
ShawnD2112

Hiya, Andy

Not sure what to expect as we've never been. Any tips on what to expect and
what goes on?

Shawn
"Andrew Boyd" wrote in message
m...

Old November 2nd 04, 09:20 PM
wallyairplanefan

Hi Shawn,

I am at the Jameson Too (at least I think that is where my reservation
is)

This is a kinda new gathering in honor of Mr Pitts.

Last year was the first time for it and I did not come. So I am just
guessing about the size, there will be maybe a couple hundred
spectators for the airshow Sat. It is really an unknown how many will
show up. I don't know how much advertisement has been done. I will be
there Thur evening and need to leave right after the airshow Sat.

If most of the crowd is like the people I have seen and met at
Oshkosh, Sun"N"Fun, and other fly-ins, it will be a friendly bunch
just here to talk about and see the planes - and meet Curtis!

Guessing again, Friday will be low key, people getting set up to sell
stuff, and watching the planes arrive.

Sat, there are some seriously good Pitts pilots flying! One I know:
Skip Stewart. He is from near Memphis, like me and I have met him a
couple times. A cool guy, awesome pilot with an awesome plane. Has a
nice website - skipstewartairshows. He flys a DC-10 for a living.

I, on the other hand, get to work on them and some Airbuses and old
Boeings for a living. Well I answer the phone or some such and they
pay me so I am a very happy camper!!

Hope to see you there!
Wally

ELT antenna-- Pitts Al MacDonald Aerobatics 0 July 15th 04 03:27 PM
Any Pitts S-1 pilots in this group? Kai Glaesner Aerobatics 4 April 12th 04 12:10 AM
Pitts Fly-In aerogirl Aerobatics 0 October 28th 03 12:45 AM
Pitts, Acro Sport, other to buy? Dave Swartz Aerobatics 0 September 3rd 03 03:18 PM
Pitts Special - info and photo's required. Darryl Gibbs Aerobatics 1 August 5th 03 08:05 PM