Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

Old September 8th 09, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

Default Emergency Descents with ATC COMS - Video

On Sep 7, 10:04*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Nope, but I can see lots of restricted airspace and victors so where
is this NE training area exactly?

10 NE of KJAN per my post to you. If you see **lots(( of restricted
airspace around KJAN, you need more lessons on reading sectionals.
Old September 8th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:04Â*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Nope, but I can see lots of restricted airspace and victors so where
is this NE training area exactly?

10 NE of KJAN per my post to you. If you see **lots(( of restricted
airspace around KJAN, you need more lessons on reading sectionals.

Sounds to me like someone needs an extensive review of air space and
how to read sectionals at their next flight review.

The closest restricted area to KJAN I could find was about 70 nm away.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old September 8th 09, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

wrote

Sounds to me like someone needs an extensive review of air space and
how to read sectionals at their next flight review.

The closest restricted area to KJAN I could find was about 70 nm away.

Folks, what we have here is another non-pilot troll, trying to act like he
know what he is talking about from reading a little about flying.

Am I wrong? From the combined body of posts he has made, it seems obvious.

I doubt it. Troll alert activated.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 8th 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

On Sep 7, 11:52*pm, "Morgans" wrote:

Am I wrong? *From the combined body of posts he has made, it seems obvious.

I doubt it. *Troll alert activated.
--
Jim in NC

I think you are right Jim.

Hate to see his reactions when I post videos of formation flights and
aerobatics in a T6 I was passenger in yesterday. Got about 3 hours
worth of recording to go through.

I wonder how many FARS he will claim we busted LOL as we did the
formation in Delta airspace and surrounding areas of KGWO without a
"waiver", acro in class E enroute from KMBO to KGWO without a
"waiver".

Old September 10th 09, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 8, 2:42*pm, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:04*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Nope, but I can see lots of restricted airspace and victors so where
is this NE training area exactly?

10 NE of KJAN per my post to you. *If you see **lots(( of restricted
airspace around KJAN, you need more lessons on reading sectionals.

If you were on the edge of the class C to the NE weren't you within 4
miles of V417 ?

Cheers
Old September 10th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flaps_50!

On Sep 8, 3:15*pm, wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Sep 7, 10:04*am, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

Nope, but I can see lots of restricted airspace and victors so where
is this NE training area exactly?

10 NE of KJAN per my post to you. *If you see **lots(( of restricted
airspace around KJAN, you need more lessons on reading sectionals.

Sounds to me like someone needs an extensive review of air space and
how to read sectionals at their next flight review.

The closest restricted area to KJAN I could find was about 70 nm away.

No, the victors are restricted airspace for aerobatics. Have another
look at the sectional.

Cheers

Old September 10th 09, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

On Sep 10, 5:35*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

No, the victors are restricted airspace for aerobatics. Have another
look at the sectional.

Before you continue to embarrass yourself, do you know the dimensions
of a victor airway?

Hint one, they don't put practice areas in victor airways.
Old September 10th 09, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BeechSundowner

On Sep 10, 5:29*pm, "Flaps_50!" wrote:

If you were on the edge of the class C to the NE weren't you within 4
miles of V417 ?

No. Because I wasn't on the edge of Class C.
Old September 10th 09, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert Moore

"Flaps_50!" wrote

No, the victors are restricted airspace for aerobatics. Have another
look at the sectional.

That's not the definition of "restricted airspace" here in the USofA.

If you insist on arguing with the Yanks, who have you out numbered by a
very large margin, you would be advised to set forth just who's regs
and terminology are going to be used.

From the Aeronautical Information Manual:
3-4-3. Restricted Areas

a. Restricted areas contain airspace identified by an area on the
surface of the earth within which the flight of aircraft, while not
wholly prohibited, is subject to restrictions. Activities within these
areas must be confined because of their nature or limitations imposed
upon aircraft operations that are not a part of those activities or
both. Restricted areas denote the existence of unusual, often invisible,
hazards to aircraft such as artillery firing, aerial gunnery, or guided
missiles. Penetration of restricted areas without authorization from the
using or controlling agency may be extremely hazardous to the aircraft
and its occupants. Restricted areas are published in the Federal
Register and constitute 14?CFR Part 73.

b. ATC facilities apply the following procedures when aircraft are
operating on an IFR clearance (including those cleared by ATC to
maintain VFR-on-top) via a route which lies within joint-use restricted
airspace.

1. If the restricted area is not active and has been released to the
controlling agency (FAA), the ATC facility will allow the aircraft to
operate in the restricted airspace without issuing specific clearance
for it to do so.

2. If the restricted area is active and has not been released to the
controlling agency (FAA), the ATC facility will issue a clearance which
will ensure the aircraft avoids the restricted airspace unless it is on
an approved altitude reservation mission or has obtained its own
permission to operate in the airspace and so informs the controlling
facility.

NOTE-
The above apply only to joint-use restricted airspace and not to
prohibited and nonjoint-use airspace. For the latter categories, the ATC
facility will issue a clearance so the aircraft will avoid the
restricted airspace unless it is on an approved altitude reservation
mission or has obtained its own permission to operate in the airspace
and so informs the controlling facility.

c. Restricted airspace is depicted on the en route chart appropriate for
use at the altitude or flight level being flown. For joint-use
restricted areas, the name of the controlling agency is shown on these
charts. For all prohibited areas and nonjoint-use restricted areas,
unless otherwise requested by the using agency, the phrase "NO A/G" is
shown.