Solar Powered Hour Meter

Old July 20th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics
wayne

Default Solar Powered Hour Meter

I am thinking about importing some little meters as I think they would be
very valuable to the aviation community as a whole. I am trying to gain a
little insight, before I make a large purchase of these meters, whether
you guys and gals see a benefit and would be interested in purchasing one
for around around $80.

They are solar powered UV hour meters, that count the hours it is exposed
to UV radiation. They are very thin, about as thin as a uniform patch,
and about 3" square. They can be glued , epoxied, or even velcroed to
the wing or dash. The meter has an area around it of thick, flexible
plastic, like Naugahyde. This facilitates stitching to surface of
paraglider wings, which they were originally designed for. I think they
would be beneficial to the GA community as well. It has a solar panel at
the top and an LCD screen below the panel. When it is exposed to sunlight,
it starts counting the minutes to hours. When the plane is hangared or
covered, the meter is off, no batteries to change ever. These meters are
the smallest UV meters on the market, currently, only offered overseas. At
$80, they would be the cheapest UV detectors with the added benefit of an
hour meter! Please let me know if you all think it's worth it. Thank you
for your time!

Also: How about a Universal Low Fuel Warning System! ...with bright
flashing LED to alert you when your fuel reaches a predetermined level. I
put these kits together for the powered paragliding community but every
vehicle without a fuel gauge could certainly use one of these.
www.winggear.com