Suggestions and/or help, please!

Old July 26th 03, 03:56 AM
jeff

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:W%RTa.135228$ye4.95557@sccrnsc01...
local, or incoming business would use the airport more. As I
understand it, without PS Air, even the charters are very limited.

Actually, by my uneducated guess (I only know what I can see on the ramp),
it seems that Jet Air has generated MORE charter business. But that's
really hard for me to gauge.

The only reason that it may seem that way is that it is about the only
traffic there now (besides a little GA stuff.

IT may be, if iowa City would pull it's head out of their ass's, the
new convention center slated to be in Coralville could help your
cause.

Augh! Don't even get me started on THAT boondoggle. I can't believe that
Coralville is following Iowa City's absurd lead by using taxpayer money to
fund another hotel in the area!

Actually, it is not really the hotel that is the main item behind the
funding, but the attached convention facility. The hotel is clinging
onto the shirt tail of the convention center. I do not think that they
will have any aviation suites

Dammit, if there was a real need for another hotel in the area, doncha think
that Sheraton/Holiday/Ramada/Embassy/Super/Motel 6 would be standing in line
to build it?

I still think that, as a government, they owe it to the taxpayers to
look at the return on investment. This return can come in many forms,
not always by the dollar. The challenge is that I do not believe that
IOW, along with a ton of others its size (sitting on pricy land), can
justify its ROI. As a taxpayer that pays a TON of tax, I would like to
see better use of the money myself. Which, in your mind, would be
better....run IOW in the red, or, close it, increase the tax base, and
turn it black and add a bunch of jobs? Hell, we have State Troopers
that at times have to double up in thier cars just because the funds
are not there for fuel. Go figure.

I fly, I like airports, and I like you, but, I would like to keep more
of MY money in MY pocket (some posters talk about Fed money like it is
not actually ours)

Jeff

Any suggestions on how to remove waterproofing Roger Home Built 2 November 22nd 04 07:03 PM
New Paint Care Suggestions Nathan Young Owning 11 July 11th 04 11:24 PM
Plan Suggestions Bill A. Home Built 2 January 9th 04 07:27 AM
Portable oxygen system suggestions... hnelson General Aviation 9 August 12th 03 12:02 AM
Portable oxygen system suggestions... hnelson Owning 3 August 11th 03 08:39 AM