Tows Downturn

Old June 1st 12, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Barnard[_2_]

Default Tows Downturn

The Wx in 2011 was very poor in many parts if the country. I flew 25%
less at our non-club.
Old June 2nd 12, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Johnstone[_4_]

At 19:50 29 May 2012, Steve Freeman wrote:
Our club noticed a significant drop in the number of tows in 2011. It was
a=
bit over 25% less than the average of the previous three years with no
cor=
responding decrease in the number of members. The reduction was

especially
=
apparent in the 1K tows. I am curious if other clubs (100+ members)
noticed=
the same drop or if it is local to our club. Please let me know how your
d=
ata compares and the number of members you have. Thanks

We have noticed the same in the UK, it's the economic downturn, leisure
activities are the first to show a decline in a recession. They even in
many cases signal the onset.

Old June 2nd 12, 10:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Sat, 02 Jun 2012 01:17:54 +0000, Don Johnstone wrote:

We have noticed the same in the UK, it's the economic downturn, leisure
activities are the first to show a decline in a recession. They even in
many cases signal the onset.

The weather's not helping either - especially for those of us in clubs
subject to North Sea clag. Its telling you quite a bit about that when
even people like Sarah Kelman say they've only had their toy out of its
box twice this year.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

Interesting Tows glider[_2_] Soaring 0 June 3rd 10 05:08 PM
High Tows Steve Leonard[_2_] Soaring 4 December 23rd 09 06:19 AM
Tows at Ely [email protected] Soaring 1 April 22nd 09 12:45 PM
Tows available at Chester, SC Sam Giltner[_1_] Soaring 0 April 7th 09 02:30 AM
Tows in Southern UT and NV glider guider Soaring 3 October 25th 04 11:21 PM