Two seats is all you need

Old November 10th 05, 09:14 PM
Bret Ludwig

Default Two seats is all you need

"Although many pilots wouldn't buy a plane with fewer than four seats,
the
dirty little secret is that many if not most of us fly alone a lot. An
Arizona ranch hand has introduced a downright neighborly concept for
putting
like-minded pilots together that not only helps people out, but can
reduce
costs and boost the fun factor. Baldy (which he comes by honestly) Ivy
established PilotShareTheRide a year ago and so far hundreds of pilots
have
connected with one another for trips, training and rides around the
patch.
"It's about sharing the love of flying and if you can share expenses,
then
so much the better." Pilots planning a flight register it on the Web
site
and describe their itinerary. If someone happens to be going their way
(or
just wants to get up in the air), he or she e-mails the pilot in the
posting
and they sort out the details between themselves. Ivy stresses that
he's not
arranging flights (that would be Part 135 work), he's just providing a
kind
of pilot matchmaking service that leaves it up to the individuals to
decide
when and where they fly. There are about 4200 pilots signed up and, at
any
one time, about 500 flight postings."

Two seat aircraft should be the standard in sport aviation. And all
new aircraft under 4000 lb should be required to be certified in the
aerobatic category (in the case of production a/c) because training
pilots requires aerobatics. (Say otherwise, you are blowing manure.
That's why the Air Force BTT training programs do this-in beefed up
Citations.)

Limiting family trips in personal aircraft is good because that's what
generates get-home-itis and the kind of crashes that cause the alleged
liability problems.

Old November 11th 05, 12:23 PM
Jerry Springer

Two seat aircraft should be the standard in sport aviation. And all
new aircraft under 4000 lb should be required to be certified in the
aerobatic category (in the case of production a/c) because training
pilots requires aerobatics. (Say otherwise, you are blowing manure.
That's why the Air Force BTT training programs do this-in beefed up
Citations.)

Limiting family trips in personal aircraft is good because that's what
generates get-home-itis and the kind of crashes that cause the alleged
liability problems.

I think the manure is coming out of your a**.

Jerry
Old November 11th 05, 12:45 PM
Lou

Jerry Springer wrote:

Two seat aircraft should be the standard in sport aviation. And all
new aircraft under 4000 lb should be required to be certified in the
aerobatic category (in the case of production a/c) because training
pilots requires aerobatics. (Say otherwise, you are blowing manure.
That's why the Air Force BTT training programs do this-in beefed up
Citations.)

Limiting family trips in personal aircraft is good because that's what
generates get-home-itis and the kind of crashes that cause the alleged
liability problems.

I think the manure is coming out of your a**.

Jerry

Since when did it become a matter of need?

Old November 11th 05, 02:28 PM
Gene Seibel

One seat is all you need. It's not a secret. I'm guessing that just as
large a percentage of SUV's on our freeways are occupied by one person.
My extra 3 seats are there when I need them - whether it be for people
or cargo.
--
Gene Seibel
Tales of Flight - http://pad39a.com/gene/tales.html

Old November 11th 05, 05:40 PM
Robert M. Gary

Limiting family trips in personal aircraft is good because that's what
generates get-home-itis and the kind of crashes that cause the alleged
liability problems.

What?? Where does that come from? Most all my flying is with my family.
I'm more likely to adjust my risk management assesemtn when I'm flying
by myself than with my family. Seems like you have some backwards logic
to me.
-Robert

Old November 11th 05, 09:18 PM
Bret Ludwig

Jerry Springer wrote:

Two seat aircraft should be the standard in sport aviation. And all
new aircraft under 4000 lb should be required to be certified in the
aerobatic category (in the case of production a/c) because training
pilots requires aerobatics. (Say otherwise, you are blowing manure.
That's why the Air Force BTT training programs do this-in beefed up
Citations.)

Limiting family trips in personal aircraft is good because that's what
generates get-home-itis and the kind of crashes that cause the alleged
liability problems.

I think the manure is coming out of your a**.

It's well known the product liability crisis was an excuse to build
Citations instead of Skyhawks, and that such whore-ass "journalists" as
the allegedly great Richard Collins spiked any serious discussion of
the issue to keep the full page spreads coming.

Old November 12th 05, 01:06 AM
Bret Ludwig

Jerry Springer wrote:
snip

More manure

Where is your proof? How much original research on this have you done?
What primary sources can you quote? You are like all the other people
who believe whatever you are told instead of thinking the problem
through. That is to say, gullible.

Old November 12th 05, 01:45 AM
Kyle Boatright

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jerry Springer wrote:
snip

More manure

Where is your proof? How much original research on this have you done?
What primary sources can you quote? You are like all the other people
who believe whatever you are told instead of thinking the problem
through. That is to say, gullible.

Instead, Brett, why don't you offer proof of the *facts* you post. Start
with this one, which I copied from one of your posts earlier in this thread:

"It's well known the product liability crisis was an excuse to build
Citations instead of Skyhawks, and that such whore-ass "journalists" as
the allegedly great Richard Collins spiked any serious discussion of
the issue to keep the full page spreads coming."

KB

Old November 12th 05, 03:38 AM
Roger

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:23:01 -0800, Jerry Springer
wrote:

Two seat aircraft should be the standard in sport aviation. And all
new aircraft under 4000 lb should be required to be certified in the
aerobatic category (in the case of production a/c) because training
pilots requires aerobatics. (Say otherwise, you are blowing manure.
That's why the Air Force BTT training programs do this-in beefed up
Citations.)

Limiting family trips in personal aircraft is good because that's what
generates get-home-itis and the kind of crashes that cause the alleged
liability problems.

I think the manure is coming out of your a**.

Spose he got permission to reprint that article?

And... I need 4 seats. One for me and three for all the junk I carry
along.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Jerry