L3 (BFGoodrich) WX1000+ Stormscope wiring

Old October 5th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Kyprianos Biris[_2_]

Default L3 (BFGoodrich) WX1000+ Stormscope wiring

Does anyone have the L3 (ex BFGoodrich) WX1000+ Stormscope wiring (circuit)
diagram or
something of this sort with which an avionics expert can inspect the unit ?

I have a friend, very good in avionics works and I need him to investigate
why our stromscope gets intermittent power supply resulting in the unit's
multiple reboots. It is not related to the electrics bus bar supply. Its
internal and as soon as the aircraft moves arround (turbulence etc.) the
unit reboots to the intro. menu.

Regards

petakas(at)gmail.com

Old October 6th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
James M. Knox

"Kyprianos Biris" wrote in
:

Does anyone have the L3 (ex BFGoodrich) WX1000+ Stormscope wiring
(circuit) diagram or
something of this sort with which an avionics expert can inspect the
unit ?

I have a friend, very good in avionics works and I need him to
investigate why our stromscope gets intermittent power supply
resulting in the unit's multiple reboots. It is not related to the
electrics bus bar supply. Its internal and as soon as the aircraft
moves arround (turbulence etc.) the unit reboots to the intro. menu.

That sounds like simply a bad connection... PROBABLY either in the ground
or power circuit. Note that this might not be external to the unit - it
could be an internal bad connection. I'd start by turning the thing on, on
the ground with the engine off. Have one person watch the screen, while
the smaller person crawls under the dash and starts thumping and tugging on
the unit and on wires. It's a LOT easier if you can reproduce the problem
on the ground!!!

James M. Knox
TriSoft ph 512-385-0316
1300 Koenig Lane West fax 512-371-5716
Suite 200
Austin, Tx 78756
Old October 8th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.products
Kyprianos Biris[_2_]

"James M. Knox" wrote in message
2...

That sounds like simply a bad connection... PROBABLY either in the ground
or power circuit. Note that this might not be external to the unit - it
could be an internal bad connection. I'd start by turning the thing on,
on
the ground with the engine off. Have one person watch the screen, while
the smaller person crawls under the dash and starts thumping and tugging
on
the unit and on wires. It's a LOT easier if you can reproduce the problem
on the ground!!!

Thank you James.
I already got a pvt responce from here with what I wanted.
This is exactly what we intend to do but with the installation manual in
hand ;-)