YANK CHILD ABUSERS

Old July 20th 03, 02:39 PM
TMOliver

Default YANK CHILD ABUSERS

Bob McKellar iterated.....

Bob McKellar, who voted for Bob Kerrey for President long
ago

.....and having erred grievously will now have to live with
hearing "More waffles than IHOP" dance about the political
griddle, sucking up to every special interest group which can
rent or borrow a hall.

TMO
Old July 20th 03, 03:18 PM
Bob McKellar

TMOliver wrote:

Bob McKellar iterated.....

Bob McKellar, who voted for Bob Kerrey for President long
ago

....and having erred grievously will now have to live with
hearing "More waffles than IHOP" dance about the political
griddle, sucking up to every special interest group which can
rent or borrow a hall.

TMO

That was Bob Kerrey, not John Kerry.

Special Bonus: John Dean is not Howard Dean

Bob McKellar, Who actually heard Bob Kerrey at a press
conference, after a long leading question, give the simple answer
"No."

Old July 21st 03, 06:53 PM
Jim

Well, you disagree, no doubt. That is why your President and all others

down
the chain of command should have a chance to make their case before the

ICC.

Cheers,
dba

I would love to make our case to the ICC.
I would think 100MT would express (Sod Off) our position sufficently, don't
you?

Jim

Old July 21st 03, 08:28 PM
Jim

Well, no, you haven't. You seem to have left out all the detail
requiring "a distinctive uniform or insignia", a recognized chain of
responsibility for the actions of the combatant in the field, etc.

Now, a lot of those restrictions were removed in one of the more
recent addenda to the Conventions; an addition that neither the United
States nor Afghanistan signed or accepted.

Does a pok-a-dot Towel on the head and a beard count as a uniform? No I
guess not and
well chain of command was pretty loose...

Oh well

Old July 21st 03, 10:34 PM
William Black

"Jim" wrote in message

Does a pok-a-dot Towel on the head and a beard count as a uniform? No I
guess not and
well chain of command was pretty loose...

Oh well

Actually an armband or any distinguishing mark counts as uniform.

The rules were changed to stop people like the Nazis shooting resistance
fighters out of hand.

Now if the polkadot head dress was a distinctive one...

--
William Black
------------------

Old July 22nd 03, 04:40 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Jim" wrote:

:
: :And, really, do you think the US Constitution does *not*
: :apply on an American base?
:
: That's right. It does not.
:
: :Good luck to you now should you ever be posted
: :there.
:
: Been there. Done that. It was irrelevant in any case, since the US
: Constitution also does not apply to military personnel, wherever they
: might be.
:
: :Has that question reached the Supreme Court?
:
: Years ago. It was already decided.
:
:Not to split hairs,
:but the Military courts finial appeal is with the U.S. Supreme court,

True, and that is the very body which has held that the rights
guaranteed to US citizens in the Constitution do not apply to military
personnel.

:and
:while some
:tennents of the Constitution are somewhat curtailed, I think it is a very
:Big Strech to say the U.S. Constitiuation
:does not apply to US service members.

The Constitution is not a 'you get part of it' deal. Either it
applies or it does not. There was a decision (sometime in the early
1970's, I think - don't have a cite handy for that one) which
essentially held that the United States military, due to the
exigencies of military service, was a separate society and that the
rights of its members were only those guaranteed in the UCMJ and those
from the Constitution did not apply.

--
"We come into the world and take our chances.
Fate is just the weight of circumstances.
Old July 22nd 03, 06:19 PM
Jim

You mean the Supreme Court that turned the 14th amendment on its
head (their reasoning was that my neighbor's vote shouldn't
be counted because it "dilutes" my vote -- well, yes, as it should
in a democracy) in order to select George Bush as president?

No I am talking about the Supream court that stoped the Fla Supream court
from changing the rules after the election when there boy lost.

I will also note severial liberial news agencies (NY times,CNN etc)
counted the chads and it was a non-issue as even counting the chads Gore
still lost Fla.

Jim

Old July 22nd 03, 08:30 PM
William Black

"Michael P. Reed" wrote in message
In message , "William Black" wrote:

The rules were changed to stop people like the Nazis shooting resistance
fighters out of hand.

Now if the polkadot head dress was a distinctive one...

Hmmm, would one have to treat S.P.E.C.T.R.E under the rules and laws of

war?
They *were* uniformed, but in an otherwise stateless "army." Al Qaeda
basically being the same. In a way, "land" pirates.

Same way you treat pirates or any other criminal conspiracy that wear a
uniform (Hell Angles seem to fit as well)

The operative word here is CRIMINAL...

You don't go to war against criminals, you arrest them and put them on
trial, and if found guilty you punish them...

--
William Black
------------------

Old July 22nd 03, 08:43 PM
Peter Skelton

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:30:27 +0000 (UTC), "William Black"
wrote:

"Michael P. Reed" wrote in message
.. .
In message , "William Black" wrote:

The rules were changed to stop people like the Nazis shooting resistance
fighters out of hand.

Now if the polkadot head dress was a distinctive one...

Hmmm, would one have to treat S.P.E.C.T.R.E under the rules and laws of

war?
They *were* uniformed, but in an otherwise stateless "army." Al Qaeda
basically being the same. In a way, "land" pirates.

Same way you treat pirates or any other criminal conspiracy that wear a
uniform (Hell Angles seem to fit as well)

The operative word here is CRIMINAL...

You don't go to war against criminals, you arrest them and put them on
trial, and if found guilty you punish them...

I wonder whether the difference between a criminal conspiracy
that gets the law and one that gets war isn't mostly size. Which
rules they get after capture seems to be something of a political
decision.

(Certainly the navy was needed to deal with pirate bases at times
in the past.)
____

Peter Skelton