EAA Board Of Directors (Here We Go Again)

Old January 18th 05, 03:04 AM
RST Engineering

Default EAA Board Of Directors (Here We Go Again)

I sort of feel like the Harold Stassen of the EAA election process, but here
we go again.

In 1997, I ran for the EAA Board Of Directors and got some 700 of you to
email me your proxies. The vote was 700 to 35,000 for the proxies that EAA
held for the current board member candidate. (I ran in 1988 with the same
results.)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results. If things hadn't changed, I wouldn't have run
again.

However, EAA has expanded their board to an additional 11 new board members,
so I'm not running against an incumbent or an insider. I may just have a
chance if EAA wants to truly open up the process to the rest of the world.

Stand by for a request from you to nominate me to this board. Although all
it takes is 25 current EAA member signatures, a few thousand wouldn't hurt
at all in the process.

Bless you if you can help.

Jim

Old January 18th 05, 03:17 AM
Ron Natalie

RST Engineering wrote:
hance if EAA wants to truly open up the process to the rest of the world.

Stand by for a request from you to nominate me to this board. Although all
it takes is 25 current EAA member signatures, a few thousand wouldn't hurt
at all in the process.

You can count me and Margy in.
I don't suppose the EAA permits cumulative voting?
Old January 18th 05, 03:23 AM
Morgans

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
[...]

Fire away! My scanner is on stand-by!
--
Jim in NC

Old January 18th 05, 03:32 AM
G.R. Patterson III

RST Engineering wrote:

Stand by for a request from you to nominate me to this board.

Roger.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
Old January 18th 05, 04:23 AM
Morgans

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

RST Engineering wrote:

Stand by for a request from you to nominate me to this board.

Roger.

George Patterson

*****************

Roger, Roger? Surely, you could have done better than that?
--
Jim (stuck in the70's) in NC

Old January 18th 05, 01:53 PM

You can count me in too. My renewal for the Poberancy trust fund comes
due next month and I really am debating not to fund their lavish
lifestyle under the cover of helping the TRUE experimental builders. We
need more people like you to talk some sense to these guys. Have ya
ever noticed how many times Pob's pic appears in each issue while
pressing stuff never gets too much attention?? One case in mind, if one
builds a experimental plane with a powerplant thats not a Lyc getting
insurance is a real fight.The whole idea of the EAA years ago was to
propagate cutting edge stuff, not quench it..Go for it Jim..
Ben Haaas N801BH

Old January 19th 05, 01:03 AM
Roger

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 03:32:08 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
wrote:

RST Engineering wrote:

Stand by for a request from you to nominate me to this board.

Roger.

What?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Old January 19th 05, 01:29 AM
G.R. Patterson III

wrote:

RST Engineering wrote:

Stand by for a request from you to nominate me to this board.

Roger.

What?

Forget it. William Ko took care of it.

George Patterson
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.

SWRFI update... Moving again (argghh!!)... Dave S Home Built 14 October 15th 04 03:34 AM
Our new board Brett Home Built 0 August 26th 04 08:53 AM
BBS??? Weekly Chat??? Anybody up for it??? Jim Weir Home Built 7 February 12th 04 05:01 AM
Velocity builder mailing list/web board ? Kent Sorensen Home Built 1 October 25th 03 04:01 AM
LEDs with Strobe lights pekka1510 Home Built 11 August 31st 03 11:36 PM