video? but what specifically THRILLS you about soaring?

Old October 18th 03, 10:01 AM
BW

Default video? but what specifically THRILLS you about soaring?

I saw the article published a few days ago from a researcher doing a
video piece. I read some of you responses which were interesting. Now,
wait for it.... I'm also a researcher, but not interested solely in
soaring. I'm interested in what thrills people about the things they
do.

My research is taking me laterally across many user groups asking the
same question. Some say it's like spamming, others say its a
legitimate use of USenet. Well, I'm not a spammer, and do take time to
understand the user group before I come crashing in with my questions.

I'm a researcher at the Royal College of Art and have an arts grant to
research the subject of "what thrills people". I aim to work out how
to engineer thrill, and hopefully create new fantastic ways to thrill
people!

So, what thrills have you had in connection with soaring?

I'm attaching my standard interview to the end of this posting (which
you can also get from the project website www.chromo11.com). Either
complete the interview in the user group (but please email me a copy)
OR copy the interview and do it entirely in the privacy of email.

I hope you cana take time to help me also. I was impressed by the
level of response the other researcher got (I'm hoping you're not all
sick of telling your stories!)

Thanks in anticipation,

Brendan Walker
+44 (0)20 7590 4573

+++++++++++ INTERVIEW STARTS HERE ++++++++++++

Hello again,

Thanks for agreeing to be interviewed. Answer as many questions as you
can (the more the better) then email your interview to me at
interview@chromo11[dot]com. If there's anything else you want to say
just add a note at the bottom of the email.

You're obviously sat at your computer, so we'll make a start...

ABOUT YOU
==========

Just to get the record straight, could please tell me your name, age,
sex and where you were born (I'll only publish your surname and
birthplace unless otherwise instructed)
name:
age:
sex:
birthplace:

YOUR BACKGROUND
==================

1.Q Tell me about the first time you remember being thrilled.
1.A

2.Q Which of your thrilling experiences has frightened you the most?
2.A

3.Q What's the smallest or slightest thing to have thrilled you?
3.A

4.Q Tell me why you're not a sensible person.
4.A

5.Q What were you doing the last time you were really bored?
5.A

6.Q What's the most uninhibited thing you've ever done?
6.A

7.Q What things have you considered doing for thrill, but were too
concerned about the risks?
7.A

8.Q I always dreamt about becoming a paramedic, speeding in an
ambulance and saving lives; what about you?
8.A

YOUR THRILL
============
To answer these next 15 questions, you should think about a particular
time you were thrilled.

9.Q Describe this thrill in a nutshell, in one sentence. (there's time
to expand later)
9.A

the setting...
----------------
10.Q Where and when did it take place?
10.A

11.Q Tell me a bit about yourself around this time.
11.A

preparation...
------------------
12.Q How did the moment arise? Was it planned?
12.A

your feelings...
--------------------
13.Q List the sequence of events leading up to your thrill, and how
you felt at each stage. The smallest detail could be important (this
is your chance to expand).
13.A

14.Q At the exact moment of thrill, how did your mind and body feel?
14.A

15.Q What thoughts were going through your head?
15.A

16.Q What did you do immediately afterwards?
16.A

the risks...
-------------
17.Q What were the most likely things that could have put you off
going through with it?
17.A

other people...
--------------------
18.Q How were other people important to your thrill?
18.A

19.Q What do you imagine other people were thinking throughout your
thrilling episode?
19.A

20.Q Some people probably don't understand how such a thing can thrill
you; explain it to them.
20.A

equipment...
-----------------
21.Q Why were certain objects or equipment important to your thrill?
21.A

repeat performance...
-----------------------------
22.Q If you've done something like this before, how does the last time
compare to the first time you did it?
22.A

23.Q If you did it again, what things would you add or change to make
it even better?
23.A

finally...
Thanks for doing the interview. I'll let you know when it's on the
chromo11.com website. Is there anything you want to add?

Aviation Video: Another F-16 bites the dust Iwan Bogels Owning 0 September 21st 04 07:02 AM
Here is Some video Of Landing In My 150 7676U NW_PILOT Owning 17 July 9th 04 04:10 AM
Graphics Jim Chambers Simulators 14 April 22nd 04 03:29 AM
Why is Melissa Morrison the *STAR* of the video... X98 Military Aviation 1 March 20th 04 07:39 PM
Real World Specs for FS 2004 Paul H. Simulators 16 August 18th 03 09:25 AM