Problems Connecting GPS-NAV to SeeYou

Old November 25th 09, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adam Webb

Default Problems Connecting GPS-NAV to SeeYou

Hi All,

I am trying to connect a Cambridge GPS-NAV to SeeYou. When I connect
the logger to my laptop (via a USB-Serial bridge by ATEN), seeyou
finds the logger (in the connection wizzards first screen it appears
in the "Connected to" section at the bottom). When I click next, the
flights on the logger are displayed. However, on clicking "next" from
here, I get a 20 or so seconds of nothingness (just an empty progress
bar), followed by the error message above. I am, however, able to
upload tasks and waypoints to the logger, using the same setup.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Adam
Old November 25th 09, 02:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Adam,

For several years I was absolutely convinced that no USB to serial converter
really worked well. But I finally found one that works for me. It is the
Keyspan USA-19HS. You can get them on Amazon.com for about $30. It works
great with my Cambridge, LX Navigation and most other soaring instruments.

When using other devices I had similar results to what you are seeing.

However, for some reason it doesn't work well with ILEC SN10 units. For
that purpose David Nadler's advice is of course correct. The Belkin USB to
serial adapter works great with SN10 units.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old November 25th 09, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

did you try saving the files to your desktop ? try this first and then try
to just open seeyou and import the file
you should be able to save the files from Cambridge with their software or
even with several PDA download softwares and then you can transfer the data
easily with activesync or even SD. CF Cards to the desktop PC.

tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Adam Webb" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am trying to connect a Cambridge GPS-NAV to SeeYou. When I connect
the logger to my laptop (via a USB-Serial bridge by ATEN), seeyou
finds the logger (in the connection wizzards first screen it appears
in the "Connected to" section at the bottom). When I click next, the
flights on the logger are displayed. However, on clicking "next" from
here, I get a 20 or so seconds of nothingness (just an empty progress
bar), followed by the error message above. I am, however, able to
upload tasks and waypoints to the logger, using the same setup.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Adam

Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM
SeeYou website problems? Doug Soaring 1 May 27th 05 08:24 PM
Connecting a GNS 430/530 to a PC PA34 F-GFTF Instrument Flight Rules 5 September 26th 04 07:09 PM
Connecting a GNS 430/530 to a PC PA34 F-GFTF General Aviation 4 September 26th 04 07:09 PM
Connecting a GNS 430/530 to a PC PA34 F-GFTF Aviation Marketplace 7 September 25th 04 04:38 AM