A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

Old May 8th 18, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

On Wednesday, May 2, 2018 at 6:55:36 PM UTC-4, wrote:
3U, I realize this is a very old thread but I also have a to low on occasion squelch issue with my FSG71M radio however getting it in and out is very difficult, so do you have any idea which way to turn the pot once I gain access and how far to turn it? I only want to do it once.

I just did this, FSG-71 in a Ventus B with S80. I think the S80 was the culprit. I opened the radio and turned the pot FROM 1:00 TO 11:00. It was my first try at an adjustment, just a total guess, and it seems to have worked perfectly. At least it works well on the ground, haven't flown with it yet. When I turn the radio on now, it breaks the squelch in about half a second. Thanks to the person who posted the schematic with the pot location.. I doubt I would have been able to keep the radio in the glider without that info.
Old May 9th 18, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Thanks Jim, I hope your having fun in the Ventus, Sold mine, kinda miss it but enjoy the handling of the 27
Old May 9th 18, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, May 8, 2018 at 7:05:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thanks Jim, I hope your having fun in the Ventus, Sold mine, kinda miss it but enjoy the handling of the 27

I love it, you don't miss the handling you don't have I guess, or that's what I'm telling myself. And yeah, if that yearning ever gets big enough for the old Ventus I trade you straight across at any time .
Old June 12th 18, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Well I jumped the gun on that response a bit. Finally went flying and the radio didn't receive anything but a nearby handheld, which is of course what I was testing it with. So I opened the radio and connected it to the panel while everything else was on and adjusted the squelch pot so it just broke the squelch. Haven't flown with this setting yet but it receives from 4 miles away while on the ground. Hoping this works, will report again after I fly with it.
Old June 12th 18, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
external usenet poster

Couple of comments;

1) Thanks to 3U for the information on his web site and the relay repair on the Dittel FSG 71. Very nice indeed.

2) Thanks to Bastoune for pointing out the DG tech note for the location of the internal squelch pot on the Dittel FSG 71. The link given was no longer active but I was able to track down the replacement link.
https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/wp-con.../1997-20-e.pdf

John OHM Ω