Gheirlen trailer

Old November 21st 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jeplane

Default Gheirlen trailer

I have, I beleive, a Gheirlen trailer, although I am not sure of the
spelling...

One of the two spring, helping to open half the trailer up, is broken.

Is there somebody who would know the what, when, who, how and where
to replace this part?

Thanks
Old November 21st 09, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Nov 21, 10:56*am, jeplane wrote:
I have, I beleive, a Gheirlen trailer, although I am not sure of the
spelling...

One of the two spring, helping to open half the trailer up, is broken.

Is there somebody who would know the what, when, who, *how and where
to replace this part?

Thanks

Sounds like a Eberle trailer rather than a Gheirlen. Sorry it has
been too many years since I owned a Std Cirrus in one to remember the
correct place to get the springs. Vague memory was it was a Caravan
(Motorhome) awning spring.

Old November 21st 09, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

"jeplane" wrote in message
I have, I beleive, a Gheirlen trailer, although I am not sure of the
spelling...

One of the two spring, helping to open half the trailer up, is broken.

Is there somebody who would know the what, when, who, how and where
to replace this part?

It may be best to find a quality welding shop; one that has the capability
to heat treat the spring after repairing it, to bring it back into
functioning equipment status.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 21st 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Gehrlein trailers were all tube type of welded steel with aluminum sheets
for covering...all had simple tailgates, none were ever clamshell types so I
doubt it was a Gehrlein trailer
tim

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"jeplane" wrote in message
I have, I beleive, a Gheirlen trailer, although I am not sure of the
spelling...

One of the two spring, helping to open half the trailer up, is broken.

Is there somebody who would know the what, when, who, how and where
to replace this part?

Thanks

Trailer tires for old (1981) Komet Trailer [email protected] Soaring 3 May 13th 09 10:24 PM
Trailer tow? Gregg Ballou Soaring 0 February 3rd 06 02:38 AM
WTB Trailer for Ka8 Pete H Soaring 0 August 7th 05 01:17 PM
FS Trailer Joseph L. Hyde Soaring 0 January 11th 04 05:39 PM
WTB: 15m trailer, CA (USA) John H. Campbell Soaring 0 October 3rd 03 08:07 PM