Any interference from the Genasun LFP solar charger controller?

Old May 17th 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Any interference from the Genasun LFP solar charger controller?

I've seen them mounted in various places, under the seat pan would be ideal but I'm a bit painted into a corner at this point and it would need to be mounted in the panel, fairly near the radio and the ISU for the Air Vario. They claim these are well shielded, but I've been misled before by manufacturers claims. Since this is an MPPT controller, it must have a high speed switcher in it. Has anyone noticed radio or EM interference when installing this box in the panel?
Old May 18th 18, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:06:01 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
I've seen them mounted in various places, under the seat pan would be ideal but I'm a bit painted into a corner at this point and it would need to be mounted in the panel, fairly near the radio and the ISU for the Air Vario.. They claim these are well shielded, but I've been misled before by manufacturers claims. Since this is an MPPT controller, it must have a high speed switcher in it. Has anyone noticed radio or EM interference when installing this box in the panel?

I have it mounted behind the panel 8 inches from the radio and 3 inches from the transponder and the AirGlide ISU. No issues whatsoever.
Old May 18th 18, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:20:29 PM UTC-7, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:06:01 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
I've seen them mounted in various places, under the seat pan would be ideal but I'm a bit painted into a corner at this point and it would need to be mounted in the panel, fairly near the radio and the ISU for the Air Vario. They claim these are well shielded, but I've been misled before by manufacturers claims. Since this is an MPPT controller, it must have a high speed switcher in it. Has anyone noticed radio or EM interference when installing this box in the panel?

I have it mounted behind the panel 8 inches from the radio and 3 inches from the transponder and the AirGlide ISU. No issues whatsoever.

Thanks Andrzej, just what I wanted to hear!

Strobl Solar Charge Controller Doug[_9_] Soaring 0 June 22nd 17 09:55 PM
Solar charger damages batteies - what's good one? Eric Greenwell Soaring 6 March 27th 08 01:44 AM
Jim Weir's solar charger R. Lee Jarvis Home Built 2 February 17th 07 08:21 PM
12v - 12v charger 5Z Soaring 19 December 30th 05 10:58 PM
'73 Piper Charger Kobra Instrument Flight Rules 1 March 27th 04 09:49 PM