A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Any interference from the Genasun LFP solar charger controller?

Old May 17th 18, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch
external usenet poster

Default Any interference from the Genasun LFP solar charger controller?

I've seen them mounted in various places, under the seat pan would be ideal but I'm a bit painted into a corner at this point and it would need to be mounted in the panel, fairly near the radio and the ISU for the Air Vario. They claim these are well shielded, but I've been misled before by manufacturers claims. Since this is an MPPT controller, it must have a high speed switcher in it. Has anyone noticed radio or EM interference when installing this box in the panel?
Old May 18th 18, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:06:01 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
I've seen them mounted in various places, under the seat pan would be ideal but I'm a bit painted into a corner at this point and it would need to be mounted in the panel, fairly near the radio and the ISU for the Air Vario.. They claim these are well shielded, but I've been misled before by manufacturers claims. Since this is an MPPT controller, it must have a high speed switcher in it. Has anyone noticed radio or EM interference when installing this box in the panel?

I have it mounted behind the panel 8 inches from the radio and 3 inches from the transponder and the AirGlide ISU. No issues whatsoever.
Old May 18th 18, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch
external usenet poster

On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 5:20:29 PM UTC-7, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 3:06:01 PM UTC-4, jfitch wrote:
I've seen them mounted in various places, under the seat pan would be ideal but I'm a bit painted into a corner at this point and it would need to be mounted in the panel, fairly near the radio and the ISU for the Air Vario. They claim these are well shielded, but I've been misled before by manufacturers claims. Since this is an MPPT controller, it must have a high speed switcher in it. Has anyone noticed radio or EM interference when installing this box in the panel?

I have it mounted behind the panel 8 inches from the radio and 3 inches from the transponder and the AirGlide ISU. No issues whatsoever.

Thanks Andrzej, just what I wanted to hear!