Thinking of building an RV-8

Old January 23rd 09, 06:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ScottA

Default Thinking of building an RV-8

Hello, i am new in here and was wanting an opion on the Van's
aircrafts, especially the RV-8, which i am looking and building.
Any opinions?? to a comproble aircraft??
thanks.
Old January 23rd 09, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
ScottA wrote:

Hello, i am new in here and was wanting an opion on the Van's
aircrafts, especially the RV-8, which i am looking and building.
Any opinions?? to a comproble aircraft??
thanks.

We have about 30-40 of them here at Spruce Creek -- most of them flying,
and a lot of quick-build kits.

I have observed Van's designs progress, both in quality and performance
for about 25 years and can say that every one is an improvement over the
last.

The RV-8 kit is superb and is available in quick-build form. The
workmanship is excellent; the design is excellent.

My neighbor is building an RV-8A and is having a ball!

I don't think that you can go wrong with it, but, remember: even the QB
kit entails a LOT of work, so you need some friends to help you along,
as well as a good EAA Chapter.

Old January 24th 09, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charlie[_2_]

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article
,
ScottA wrote:

Hello, i am new in here and was wanting an opion on the Van's
aircrafts, especially the RV-8, which i am looking and building.
Any opinions?? to a comproble aircraft??
thanks.

We have about 30-40 of them here at Spruce Creek -- most of them flying,
and a lot of quick-build kits.

I have observed Van's designs progress, both in quality and performance
for about 25 years and can say that every one is an improvement over the
last.

The RV-8 kit is superb and is available in quick-build form. The
workmanship is excellent; the design is excellent.

My neighbor is building an RV-8A and is having a ball!

I don't think that you can go wrong with it, but, remember: even the QB
kit entails a LOT of work, so you need some friends to help you along,
as well as a good EAA Chapter.

I'm flying a -4 & building a -7; I can confirm what he says about kit
quality & 'buildability'. Good on all but the shortest runways and
excellent cruise speed; light acro capability too.

Charlie
Old March 10th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Chris Hegar[_2_]

Top quality parts all around, Van's is first class!

--
Chris Hegar
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com