Very nice flight this morning

Old December 7th 09, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

Default Very nice flight this morning

Mike Ash wrote:
/snip/
I've only experienced wet wings in one glider (one of the club
two-seaters) but I've read some things about it, and the most striking
thing is how differently different airfoils will respond to being wet. /snip/

I used to keep a C150 on a tie down.
On an annual, the A&P warned me it's important to check that the surface
and fuselage drains are clear. As soon as you think about it, you
realize the effect of just a quart or two of water sloshing aft on a
climb out.

Another time, after a snowfall in Dallas (!!) the tail drooped down to
the ground....

Poor abused airplane!

Brian W
Old December 8th 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grand Mal

"Mark" wrote in message
I got off a little later than expected due to
an unexpected frost, but the sun soon melted
that away and I was off. To me you can't beat
flying in the winter cause the cabin is comfortable,
the pressure is up, and the sky colors of this
time of year are incomparable. It was a scarlet
sunrise and I soon settled into a layer smooth
as glass. The light glittering off the lake was
absolutely beautiful. Trimmed out to hands-
free, there was no better way to spend the
morning. Finally after a couple of hours, I
remembered a place with buttermilk bisquits
and it took on importance, so I brought her
down, though it seemed like she landed
herself.

I'm thinking maybe tommorrow we should all
celebrate Pearl Harbor Day and enjoy the freedom
we have...that didn't come for free.

Living in America,
---
Mark

"celebrate Pearl Harbour Day"?
Good Lord, how do you do that? With a blindfold, a Louisville Slugger and a
Zero-shaped pinata? Can you recycle any of the decorations left over from
celebrating '9/11'?

Old December 8th 09, 12:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 00:32:19 GMT, Grand Mal wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
[...]

I shoot BBs at my Nip maids.
--
Mark inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.
Old December 8th 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grand Mal

"Mark" wrote in message
[...]

And if the BB's are as substantial as the maids you don't even need to turn
the lights on when you do it.