Lets play bust the TFR!

Old August 20th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Default Lets play bust the TFR!

Well yesterday as we suspected... We spent a good part of the day
fending intruders off our airspace. Just because it is the weekend does
not mean we stop fighting fires.

We had one very nice gentleman call on the appropriate frequency and ask
if he could transit. He was already above our airspace. We thanked him
and he went about his merry way. We had several people try to go into
Warm Springs Creek (0U1) we turned most of the away with a radio call.
One group of four skywagons ignored our broadcast that Warm Springs
Creek airport is closed. They finally gave up when they saw the helos
and truck parked on the runway.

Johnson Creek (3U2) was another story. The poor air attack pilot up
there was inundated with people going to Johnson Creek who had not
checked the NOTAMS. There is a fire near Yellow Pine, ID that has a TFR
covering Johnson Creek. One after another came into to land. One guy
even said "I was cleared to land by Seattle Center" Huh?

Please, Please Check the NOTAMS during fire season.

Michelle P