Rumsfeld Must Resign

Old May 13th 04, 11:10 AM
WalterM140

Default Rumsfeld Must Resign

From the New York Times today:

It was a measure of the troubles Mr. Bush is running into within his own party
that Senator Pete V. Domenici, a New Mexico Republican who usually sides with
the administration, expressed his frustration to Secretary of Defense Donald H.
Rumsfeld on Wednesday that he could find no clear vision in the
administration's Iraq strategy.

"I am very worried about how prepared the Iraqis are to take over this
responsibility and, secondly, what we have done to prepare ourselves and them
to work together to make this work," Mr. Domenici told Mr. Rumsfeld at a budget
hearing. "I can envision that this situation will not work, and that we won't
have an organizational structure that will do anything other than have
Americans fighting and us supplying those fighters with more and more money."

The unease among conservatives has also been given voice in recent days by a
number of influential commentators. George F. Will wrote in The Washington Post
on Tuesday of a series of "failures" by the administration for which no one was
held accountable, including post-war planning that was "botched." On Monday,
the syndicated columnist Robert D. Novak wrote that there was a clear consensus
among Republicans in Congress, Republican fund-raisers, contributors and others
he had canvassed that Mr. Rumsfeld had to resign."

Walt

Old May 13th 04, 08:24 PM
W. D. Allen Sr.

Dear Walt,

This is in response to your email included below.

Hopefully you will not take your military guidance from George Will, Robert
Novak, or Pete Domenici, when you become president. What you see are
terrorists being "shamed" in ABU GHRAIB prison. Such shaming is an
interrogation tactic to get these murdering *******s to talk so we can
reduce the risk of more of our Marines and soldiers dying in Iraq. Are you
so offended by those "fraternity initiation" photos that we should now
mollycoddle terrorist thugs who, if they had half a chance, would gleefully
saw off the head of your son as was done with Nicholas Berg.

I did business with Iran for four years, including living in Tehran for five
months. I learned to be suspicious of most of the people I dealt with there,
especially since an American a month was being assassinated on the streets
of Tehran, and that was in the time of the Shah.

It has been my experience that people through out the world, be they black,
brown, yellow, white, or whatever, are roughly equal in intelligence. The
significant difference is in their various cultures, with those in the
Middle East leaving much to be desired. The Japanese with a country having
no natural resources to speak of have made their nation a first tier
economic power, But countries in the Middle East, sitting on untold oil
wealth, still live like they did in the ninth century when Mohammed was
torching cities and slaughtering his neighbors.

Are you aware that in certain Middle East countries if a daughter has the
misfortune to be kidnapped and raped by thugs her father is within his
rights to cut her throat for having shamed his family? Why should that same
father give any thought to cutting the throats of your wife and children.

Your enemy believes us to be too squeamish and timid to protect our families
in a fight to the death with him! Well there are some of us who are not! And
we aren't duped by such as Senator Kennedy who talks like he would peddle
any lie in a New York minute to defeat the Republicans instead of fighting
our real war against murderers. Those pictures are a joke when studied
against the obscenity of our dead brothers and sisters in the World Trade
Center Towers debris.

WDA

end

From the New York Times today: