X-Privat.org - Are abuse reports a waste of time?

Old September 11th 09, 02:57 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.travel.cruises,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ron May

Default X-Privat.org - Are abuse reports a waste of time?

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:34:27 +0000 (UTC), Son of Serpent Esq wrote:

Ron May wrote:
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:36:42 +0000 (UTC), Son of Serpent Esq
wrote:

Do you really think
all the folks here don't know how to read other newsgroups? A quick
glance at that group will give any reasonable person a different
impression than the one you are trying to convey. It appears, to me,
that you think you own that newsgroup and that you are using it to
promote a product that claims to be free. There is much controversy
about this, even to the point of saying this product is illegal on
an international scale. It appears that more than a few readers of
that newsgroup object to you using it to promote a product that they
feel is *not* free... or even legal in the sense of violating
international copyright laws.

I would really expect that the people here would know how to read
HEADERS sufficiently enough to be able to spot forgeries designed to
spread FUD. The only controversy is a manufactured one by those who
hide behind anonymity and sock puppets because they know the crap
they're attempting to spread doesn't hold up under examination and
THAT is the essence of the problem outlined in my original post.

OK, now it looks like you are saying sock puppets and anonymous
posters are causing this controversy. I agree that "forgeries" or
making a post look like it is coming from someone else is a cheap
trick but, the fact that someone posts anonymously does not
invalidate a claim. A valid argument will stand on its own merits,
reqardless of the source.

I got your email and if you think I am going to let you into the
Pricelessware Good Guys Club, you have another thought coming. You and
your other sock puppets, all who are Bear Bottoms, are now permanently
killfiled.

I have also killed your pathetic attempt to draw attention to yourself
to alt.free.newsservers

no grin
--
Ron M.
Help improve the ACF experience. Please don't feed the trolls.