Downhill gravity launch video

Old February 19th 08, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams

Default Downhill gravity launch video

Someone recently posted a link to a video that showed
a glider simply rolling downhill until it picked up
flying speed. I can't seem to find that video. Help?

Old February 19th 08, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwVRLw7TD5I
Old February 19th 08, 05:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brtlmj

Someone recently posted a link to a video that showed
a glider simply rolling downhill until it picked up
flying speed. I can't seem to find that video. Help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klkFm...eature=related

And here is the original thread:

http://tinyurl.com/2addot

Bartek
Old February 19th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 18, 9:10�pm, brtlmj wrote:
Someone recently posted a link to a video that showed
a glider simply rolling downhill until it picked up
flying speed. I can't seem to find that video. �Help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klkFm...eature=related

And here is the original thread:

http://tinyurl.com/2addot

Bartek

I heard rumors of this being done in the mountains east of San Diego
in the 60's or 70's but haven't been able to track down the culprits.
Story I heard involved a 1-26 and a stretch of highway...
Bill
Old February 19th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Field[_3_]

On Feb 18, 11:15Â*pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 9:10�pm, brtlmj wrote:

Someone recently posted a link to a video that showed
a glider simply rolling downhill until it picked up
flying speed. I can't seem to find that video. �Help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klkFm...eature=related

And here is the original thread:

http://tinyurl.com/2addot

Bartek

I heard rumors of this being done in the mountains east of San Diego
in the 60's or 70's but haven't been able to track down the culprits.
Story I heard involved a 1-26 and a stretch of highway...
Bill

A really good movie by Irene Van Der Zwan shows this very technique at
Long Mynd Gliding Club in the UK. This movie along with a selection of
others on a range of gliding subjects can be found on her site at
http://irene.vanderzwan.org/Site_Ire...s/Welcome.html.

The 'Bungey' film is he http://irene.vanderzwan.org/Site_IreneFilms/Bungey.html
Old February 19th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Field[_3_]

On Feb 18, 11:15Â*pm, wrote:
On Feb 18, 9:10�pm, brtlmj wrote:

Someone recently posted a link to a video that showed
a glider simply rolling downhill until it picked up
flying speed. I can't seem to find that video. �Help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klkFm...eature=related

And here is the original thread:

http://tinyurl.com/2addot

Bartek

I heard rumors of this being done in the mountains east of San Diego
in the 60's or 70's but haven't been able to track down the culprits.
Story I heard involved a 1-26 and a stretch of highway...
Bill

Edit: Although, when I now review the thread, I see that the question
was about a glider simply rolling down a hill without being assisted
by a bungee...

The videos are still worth watching though. Wavecamp's my favourite...