Anyone got a source...

Old November 11th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Anyone got a source...

....for RV artwork? (As in Van's RV-3, -4 -6, -7, -8, -9, -10)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old November 11th 09, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On Nov 11, 1:13*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
...for RV artwork? * (As in Van's RV-3, -4 -6, -7, -8, -9, -10)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com*
"Your Aviation Destination"

Probably some of the nicest paint work I have ever seen on aircraft...

You need to scroll through the various links this guy has.....

http://www.pilotbill.com/Oshkosh/Osh...sh09_Intro.htm
Old November 11th 09, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On Nov 11, 1:13*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
...for RV artwork? * (As in Van's RV-3, -4 -6, -7, -8, -9, -10)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
Ercoupe N94856www.AlexisParkInn.com*
"Your Aviation Destination"

About 10 pics down are two outstanding works of art... The one with
the flames is by far my top pick.

http://www.pilotbill.com/Oshkosh/Oshkosh09/Osh09_RV.htm
Old November 12th 09, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Thanks, but I'm looking for artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.) featuring
the RV line -- not paint jobs on actual RVs.

Amazingly, despite there being thousands of these aircraft flying, I can't
seem to find ANY artwork of them.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 12th 09, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja[_2_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
Thanks, but I'm looking for artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.)
featuring the RV line -- not paint jobs on actual RVs.

Amazingly, despite there being thousands of these aircraft flying, I
can't seem to find ANY artwork of them.

Jay, I'd guess you'd be able to find RV owners who would LOVE to have
their planes on the walls of the RV. Perhaps you should consider photo
prints?

http://www.vansairforce.net/Graphics...dy-%282%29.jpg

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 12th 09, 07:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Thanks, but I'm looking for artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.)
featuring the RV line -- not paint jobs on actual RVs.

Amazingly, despite there being thousands of these aircraft flying, I
can't seem to find ANY artwork of them.

Would this be the sort of thing you are looking for:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=45626
Old November 12th 09, 07:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Jim Logajan wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Thanks, but I'm looking for artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.)
featuring the RV line -- not paint jobs on actual RVs.

Amazingly, despite there being thousands of these aircraft flying, I
can't seem to find ANY artwork of them.

Would this be the sort of thing you are looking for:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=45626

There is something fowl about the outside leading edge of the left wing in
this cutaway painting of an RV-8:

http://i31.tinypic.com/1zbgi7s.jpg
Old November 12th 09, 08:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On Nov 11, 11:15*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Thanks, but I'm looking for artwork (paintings, drawings, etc.)
featuring the RV line -- not paint jobs on actual RVs.

Amazingly, despite there being thousands of these aircraft flying, I
can't seem to find ANY artwork of them.

Would this be the sort of thing you are looking for:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=45626

There is something fowl about the outside leading edge of the left wing in
this cutaway painting of an RV-8:

http://i31.tinypic.com/1zbgi7s.jpg

It could only show up on a plane with an N number of " Tango
Uniform" GG
Old November 15th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Would this be the sort of thing you are looking for:

Not exactly, but it's as close to "RV artwork" that I've seen.

What is it with RVs that NO ONE is painting anything artistic for/about
them? Wouldn't it be nice to see, oh, I don't know -- an RV-6 flying low
over a river valley with a beautiful sunset in the background? You know --
a piece of artwork like every other aircraft ever built has had painted?

Heck, I can find half a dozen pieces of artwork for our lowly Ercoupe in
about ten seconds of Googling -- but nothing for RVs? This is just plain
weird!

You artists out there -- I've just found you a new niche market. Get busy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 16th 09, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_7_]

Jay Honeck wrote:
Would this be the sort of thing you are looking for:

Not exactly, but it's as close to "RV artwork" that I've seen.

What is it with RVs that NO ONE is painting anything artistic for/about
them? Wouldn't it be nice to see, oh, I don't know -- an RV-6 flying
low over a river valley with a beautiful sunset in the background? You
know -- a piece of artwork like every other aircraft ever built has had
painted?

Heck, I can find half a dozen pieces of artwork for our lowly Ercoupe in
about ten seconds of Googling -- but nothing for RVs? This is just plain
weird!

You artists out there -- I've just found you a new niche market. Get busy!

The RV guys are probably out FLYING and don't have time to be bothered
with artwork