Scoring Brief

Old July 3rd 13, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Fuller

Default Scoring Brief

I'm the scorer for our club's annual Task Day cross-country soaring
competition at M-ASA. We use the Regional Sports Class rules for scoring
using the latest version of Winscore. I've benn asked to lead a seminar on
scoring for our membership.

Does anyone have a briefing on the Winscore scoring rules and algorithms
that they could share with me?

Thanks in advance.

Rick Fuller "CL"

Old July 3rd 13, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Rick - Have you gone to the Winscore website and checked out the tutorial videos?

http://www.gfbyars.com/winscore/

--Noel
Old July 3rd 13, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Rick,

The scoring program was designed using the scoring equations in the U.S.
soaring contest rules - which are available on the SSA web site.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old July 3rd 13, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Fuller

Thanks, Paul. I was hoping for a pre-made brief in a PowerPoint or PDF
format to avoid reinventing the wheel.

Rick "CL"

Old July 4th 13, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:06:11 PM UTC-4, Rick Fuller wrote:
[...]

Are you wanting to teach folks how to use Winscore, or are you wanting to teach them what the tasks and measurements are?

The appendix to the rules contain lots of graphics about starts, tasks and finishes.

QT
Old July 4th 13, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rick Fuller

At 00:40 04 July 2013, wrote:
[...]

I'd like to teach folks a working knowledge of the SSA scoring rules but
not the inner working of Winscore. Essentially what a competitor should
know before entering his first contest.

I have plenty of referenc material; just hoping to find a ready-made
briefing.

Rick

Old July 5th 13, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:36:34 PM UTC-4, Rick Fuller wrote:
At 00:40 04 July 2013, wrote:

[...]

Here is one resource:
http://www.ssa.org/files/member/SSA%...ion%202011.pdf

also email me directly at quebec dot tango at gmaildotcom I have a presentation (10MB) that may be useful.
QT

OLC Scoring [email protected] Soaring 2 June 13th 06 03:01 AM
OLC Scoring Question charlie foxtrot Soaring 6 January 4th 06 11:25 PM
OLC scoring - USA Ian Cant Soaring 18 November 29th 05 07:43 PM
OLC scoring - USA Ian Cant Soaring 0 November 28th 05 03:09 AM
TAT scoring question Mark Zivley Soaring 34 September 6th 04 04:55 AM