Anniversary

Old June 16th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim[_10_]

Default Anniversary

RAMN turned 11 years old on June 13th.

Only regret is not to have made it moderated as the cross posted junk
has been a pain to deal with.

--
ACC USN ret
NKX BIKF NAB CV-63 NIR

founder of newsgroup - RAMN
Old June 16th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Boomerang

Amen, Amen, and to WD's remarks below!!!

Old June 17th 07, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John[_8_]

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:00:29 -0400, Jim wrote:

RAMN turned 11 years old on June 13th.

Wow Jim - time does fly when you are having fun! Sure does not seem
that long ago we set this thing up as an alternative to the old
Prodigy and NMN forums!

Occasionally throw an e-mail to Gray Fox (get a reply once in a while)
but have lost track of all the rest of the old gang.

Do agree with your desire to moderate but we did make a concious
decision not to as neither of us had the time (still don't) to put
into it every day. Though I have often wondered if there is a way to
change to a moderated group as the idiots have made it increasingly
difficult to find the good stuf.

John Alger USN(ret)
1972-1997 // 1310,1320
TA-4J, A-7E, EC-130Q, P-3B
Old June 17th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Jim[_10_]

John wrote:

Do agree with your desire to moderate but we did make a concious
decision not to as neither of us had the time (still don't) to put
into it every day. Though I have often wondered if there is a way to
change to a moderated group as the idiots have made it increasingly
difficult to find the good stuf.

I've been trying to establish an alternate method. My newsreader of
choice is Thunderbird. Wrote the Mozilla Foundation, authors of
Thunderbird, asking if they could develop a filtering system to watch
for cross posted messages. If we could control that, 90% of the problem
would disappear. So far not much progress. Hopefully they'll surprise
me someday.

--
ACC USN ret
NKX BIKF NAB CV-63 NIR

founder of newsgroup - RAMN
Old June 17th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Mike Kanze

Chief Jim,

Happy 11th, R.A.M.N.!

Personally, I have no problem with you changing this NG to a moderated one, or disestablishing it completely and reconstituting it as moderated. I realize that moderating a NG takes time and effort, though, so understand and sympathize with any reluctance to do so.

--
Mike Kanze

"It's easy to delegate once you've learned to let a toddler spend 23 minutes buttering toast without an overwhelming urge to intervene."

- Jared Sandberg, Wall Street Journal, 5/29/2007

"Jim" wrote in message ...
RAMN turned 11 years old on June 13th.

Only regret is not to have made it moderated as the cross posted junk
has been a pain to deal with.

--
ACC USN ret
NKX BIKF NAB CV-63 NIR
67-69 69-71 71-74 77-80 80-85
&
74-77

founder of newsgroup - RAMN

That expensive Anniversary Michelle Owning 6 January 11th 06 12:58 PM
Meigs Anniversary MLenoch Piloting 0 March 31st 04 05:48 AM
How I celebrated the Anniversary jon Piloting 39 December 19th 03 01:45 PM
100th anniversary of the tug! tango4 Soaring 4 December 18th 03 12:21 PM
Other 9/11 anniversary John Mullen Military Aviation 29 September 12th 03 10:54 AM