The Media Shills for User Fees

Old April 20th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default The Media Shills for User Fees

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:43:42 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:45:13 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:07:05 GMT, ktbr wrote
in :

What has gone ballistic is [sic] entitlements.

Are you able to provide any examples?

I don't know if ktbr can but I'll be happy to. Look at the graph
next to the third paragraph.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
dyn/content/article/2007/02/13/AR2007021301091.html

I hope you're not suggesting that Social Security payments should be
slashed to provide more money for the military.

I didn't suggest anything of the sort. Though, I wouldn't mind having my
share of the $199billion that the poor think they are entitled to back in my
bank account.

Have you ever stopped to consider the horrendous effect failure to
provide the indigent and their dependent children with the health care
and other necessities of life might precipitate? Would you rather
wade through infectious derelicts as you walk to the office, read of
the sharp increase in crimes of desperation, not to mention suffering
the guilt of failing to act humanly toward your more unfortunate
fellows? I hope you don't think there won't be unpleasant
consequences if fundamental assistance weren't provided the poor. (In
the case of those who failed to comply with US immigration laws to
gain admittance to the US, the picture is considerably less clear.)
Old April 20th 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

(In
the case of those who failed to comply with US immigration laws to
gain admittance to the US, the picture is considerably less clear.)

Why is it less clear? Infectious diseases don't discriminate, crimes of
desperation occur on both sides of the fence, and acting humanely
includes all people. If the picture is less clear, then it must be for
other reasons.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 20th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:56:55 GMT, Jose
wrote in :

(In
the case of those who failed to comply with US immigration laws to
gain admittance to the US, the picture is considerably less clear.)

Why is it less clear? Infectious diseases don't discriminate, crimes of
desperation occur on both sides of the fence, and acting humanely
includes all people. If the picture is less clear, then it must be for
other reasons.

I haven't fully formed an opinion about this yet, but rather than
subsidizing persons who have chosen to ignore US immigration laws and
thus committed a felony to gain access to this nation, it might be
more reasonable to arrest them or deport them.

Old April 20th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

I haven't fully formed an opinion about this yet, but rather than
subsidizing persons who have chosen to ignore US immigration laws and
thus committed a felony to gain access to this nation, it might be
more reasonable to arrest them or deport them.

Perhaps. It's our country - we stole it fair and square.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 20th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in :

[...]

Have you ever stopped to consider that the exponentially growing cost of
providing for the indigent simply makes more people indigent?

Have you ever stopped to consider that the people of the US are arguably the
most charitable people in the world and we might just help these people much
more cost effectively if the government didn't tax us so much.

Have you ever stopped to consider that if the government is going to give
these people money out of the pockets of those that actually work that it
might not be a bad idea to stop motivating them to have more out of wedlock
children.

Old April 20th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 14:17:07 -0400, Jose
wrote in :

It's our country - we stole it fair and square.

That argument can be made for virtually any country which is not
governed by the indigenous people who initially occupied that land.
Take Mexico and its Spanish heritage for instance ... It was "stolen
fair and square" from its indigenous people. However, it is primarily
those with some Spanish heritage who are flooding across US borders
not the indigenous people.

If immigrants to the US choose to commit felony offences by emigrating
without proper US documentation as a type of insurrection or political
statement, their cause loses credibility as a result of their failure
to recognize the rule of law. Peaceful change should come from within
the system by people who demonstrate their respect for justice and due
process. Those who find it more expedient to violate the law of the
land for political reasons deserve the treatment befitting any traitor
or foreign combatant. After all, they are not refugees, but
opportunists.

But you don't really want to hash this out here do you? I know I
don't.

Old April 20th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

That argument can be made for virtually any country which is not
governed by the indigenous people who initially occupied that land.

Right... which makes the "righteous" part of righteous indignation sort
of weak.

If immigrants to the US choose to commit felony offences by emigrating...
[...they] deserve the treatment befitting any traitor
or foreign combatant.

Those are mighty strong words. The laws are made by people; they can
make any laws they want but that doesn't make them just laws.

Peaceful change should come from within the system

Immigrants, illegal or otherwise, are not within the system to begin with.

But you don't really want to hash this out here do you? I know I
don't.

No, not really. I haven't made my mind up either, but when I do, I know
I'll be right.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.
Old April 20th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote

Have you ever stopped to consider that if the government is going to give
these people money out of the pockets of those that actually work that it
might not be a bad idea to stop motivating them to have more out of
wedlock children.

There also needs to be workfare; you only get money if you are working on
some program, to the fullest of your ability.
--
Jim in NC

User Fees debate doylflier Piloting 2 February 20th 07 02:02 PM
Here come the user fees Steve Foley Piloting 20 February 16th 07 12:41 AM
GA User fees Jose Piloting 48 December 24th 05 02:12 AM
ATC User Fees Larry Dighera Piloting 80 May 12th 05 07:20 AM
User Fees Dude Owning 36 March 19th 05 05:57 PM