Room available for EAA

Old July 7th 05, 02:44 AM
Morgans

"RST Engineering" wrote

Is there anything you need at the show? I think I can get YOU and yer
lovely SO passes if you need them.

SO passes?
--
Jim in NC
Old July 7th 05, 03:39 AM
Jay Beckman

"Morgans" wrote in message

"RST Engineering" wrote

Is there anything you need at the show? I think I can get YOU and yer
lovely SO passes if you need them.

SO passes?
--
Jim in NC

SO = Significant Other

or

= She (who must be) Obeyed

Jay B

Old July 7th 05, 04:57 AM

How much?

Old July 7th 05, 10:38 AM

We were offering the room for free, but we already have someone who wants it
os it is no longer available. Thanks for asking.
Scott Wilson
Old July 7th 05, 10:51 AM

On 6-Jul-2005, "RST Engineering" wrote:

Is there anything you need at the show? I think I can get YOU and yer
lovely SO passes if you need them. Parking passes? A beer at Jay's RAP
party in the North 40 (spamcan row) on Wednesday night?

Jim

That is EXTEMELY kind of you. We really weren't expecting payment of any
sort from anyone. Still, I'm tempted to take you up on this offer. My wife
graduated with her Master's in English last year, and got a job teaching as
an adjunct professor at University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley. She taught one
semester, then her position evaporated due to tax cuts which meant budget
cuts for UW. She's been unable to find employment since. I make enough to
support us comfortably, but without a lot of money left over, so I was
planning not to attend EAA except for days when I was volunteering with our
local EAA chapter. Unfortunately they only had two days open which I could
take. I was thinking of signing on as a volunteer in other areas so I could
get in on more days, but your pass offer is tempting. I'll contact you
off-group to discuss this further. Thanks ever so much.
Scott Wilson
Old July 7th 05, 11:07 AM

On 6-Jul-2005, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

Your action represents everything that is good and wonderful about EAA and

my home-state of Wisconsin!
--
Jay Honeck

Jay, this response left me feeling kind of funny. As much as I like the
show and museum I have rather ambivalent feelings about EAA the
organization, for this reason: A fellow I work with's grandmother lived
near Wittman Field, and when EAA wanted to expand and she wouldn't sell they
had Oshkosh condemn her property and evict her from a house and land that
had been in their family for generations, which was then "donated" to EAA.
This happened some years ago, recent Supreme Court decisions
not-withstanding, and my friend is still plenty bitter about it. I hate
bullies, and EAA came across as such to me. I also have some question about
nepotism and Tom Poberezny getting quite wealthy from our dues, from a
position given to him by his father who also was made quite wealthy from the
organization he founded. I can accept Paul Poberezny getting rich from EAA;
he put a lot into founding the group. But passing the torch to his son so
he can get paid a pretty incredible (in my opinion) salary from EAA just
galls me more than a little.
Scott Wilson
Old July 7th 05, 05:18 PM
Jay Honeck

[...]

You make some good points. I had heard that story about the land seizure in
the past, and always assumed it was overblown in the re-telling -- but
apparently not?

As for Tom P., I don't know. The guy grew up in EAA, flew airshows for 25
years, and has the ear of his father at all times. If you are going to
provide stability and continuity in an organization like EAA, that first
"change of command" is all-so-important. Going from Paul to Tom probably
did more psychologically for the organization than anything else, giving the
membership faith that nothing major would change.

Which, of course, proved to be untrue. Oshkosh has expanded exponentially
since Paul stepped down.

As for his pay, I don't know -- what's he make annually?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 7th 05, 08:49 PM

In rec.aviation.ifr Jay Honeck wrote:
As for his pay, I don't know -- what's he make annually?

$125,000 from EAA and $125,000 from the foundation. $250,000, plus
benefits, plus travel allowance, plus (many other perks). This is
all well laid out and published in the various documents. It is not
a secret. I would serve for 1/2 as much. :-)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old July 7th 05, 09:07 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message ...
In rec.aviation.ifr Jay Honeck wrote:
As for his pay, I don't know -- what's he make annually?

$125,000 from EAA and $125,000 from the foundation. $250,000, plus
benefits, plus travel allowance, plus (many other perks). This is
all well laid out and published in the various documents. It is not
a secret. I would serve for 1/2 as much. :-)

It sounds like a lot but it really isn't. I didn't spend a lot of time
looking but I found this little bit of info from a 1999 article

"The Chronicle's survey of 246 non-profit organizations found that the
median salary for chief executive officers was $207,990."

And again that was 1999.

http://philanthropy.com/free/article...3/23000101.htm

Room available for EAA [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 20 July 7th 05 11:09 PM
'Room Temperature' Anthony Home Built 11 August 23rd 04 07:36 PM
Anyone want to split room for SSA Convention Jeff Landfield Soaring 1 January 27th 04 05:05 PM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Owning 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM
UW-Oshkosh dorm room ...FOR SALE! Montblack Piloting 5 July 26th 03 04:56 AM