Nevermind the sharks

Old March 16th 10, 10:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

Default Nevermind the sharks

First, he's leaking oil and can't see out the windshield.

Then, his propeller came off? Strange.

Still, awesome airplane.

--
Mark

Plane hits, kills man along Hilton Head, SC, beach
© 2010 The Associated Press
March 15, 2010, 11:36PM

Share Print Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo!
BuzzFacebookStumbleUponHILTON HEAD, S.C. — A single-engine plane with
oil on its windshield struck and killed a man on a Hilton Head beach
Monday afternoon as the pilot was attempting to make an emergency
landing, authorities said.

The man was walking or jogging along Palmetto Dunes when the
Experimental Lancair IV-P plane hit him, said Hilton Head Island fire
and rescue spokeswoman Joheida (Joh-HI'-da) Fister.

The plane started leaking oil at about 13,000 feet and tried
originally to make it to Hilton Head Airport, Fister said. The oil on
the windshield blocked the pilot's vision and he told authorities the
propeller came off the plane. When he tried to land on the beach near
the Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa, the plane hit the beachgoer
and came to rest a little farther down the beach, she said.

"I would have to say it's pretty unusual," Fister said.

The names of the man killed, pilot and passenger on the plane were not
released.

The plane left Orlando at 4:45 p.m. and was headed for Virginia,
Fister said. The plane has a turbine engine and can fly up to 370 mph,
according to the Lancair Web site.

The Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation
Safety Board were investigating, Fister said. A call late Monday to an
FAA spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

Old March 17th 10, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JG

On Mar 16, 5:37*am, Mark wrote:
[...]

The pilot, Edward I. Smith of Chesapeake, Va., and his lone passenger
both walked away from the crash landing near the Hilton Head Marriott
Resort and Spa.

Robert Gary Jones was a pharmaceutical salesman on a business trip,
looking forward to getting home to celebrate his daughter's third
birthday. He was enjoying a moment to himself on this resort island,
jogging on the beach and listening to his iPod.

Officials say the Woodstock, Ga., man neither saw nor heard what
struck him from behind Monday evening: A single-engine plane making an
emergency landing.

Old March 17th 10, 12:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_4_]

And Scary Mary says that the pilot should have been able to look out
the side window, open it, and yell at the jogger before hitting him.

Sounds a bit ridiculous...

Don't think the windows roll down on the Lancair IV-P, do they?
They're basically fixed in the gull-wing type door, I think...

On Mar 16, 10:33*pm, "Stephen!" wrote:
Mark wrote in news:afca5384-468a-4a8c-b3a9-
:

First, he's leaking oil and can't see out the windshield.

Then, his propeller came off? * Strange.

* Perhaps a major failure of the governor...?

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465http://imagesdesavions.com

Old March 17th 10, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Grumman-581" wrote

And Scary Mary says that the pilot should have been able to look out
the side window, open it, and yell at the jogger before hitting him.

Sounds a bit ridiculous...

Don't think the windows roll down on the Lancair IV-P, do they?
They're basically fixed in the gull-wing type door, I think...

At Osh a couple years back, someone had a big ole' Cub type homebuilt with a
turbine engine on it. They added a train air horn as a joke, using bleed
air.

They came up behind me and honked it while I was directing traffic at a
taxiway intersection, and I about **** my pants! ;-)

That would be a nice think to have for an emergency landing, or on back
country strips to scare away wildlife. Perhaps planes really should have
horns! It could have saved a persons life in this situation, maybe.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 18th 10, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Woellhaf

Why not mount the air horn backwards so it's powered by ram air? But maybe
that'd only be good to alert persons behind you.

Isn't bleed air created by an operating engine?

Old March 19th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Stephen!" wrote

Isn't bleed air created by an operating engine?

Yes, but not many people have turbine engines, anyway. I was thinking
something like a pair of good ole Detroit iron tuned electric horns, or
perhaps some of those battery powered air horns would work well, too.

I was just saying that the one that scared me at OSH was powered by bleed
air. They probably only were used on that plane because there was ample air
supply at hand to power huge horns, as a joke. I think I read somewhere
that they later removed the horn. Too bad, I think.
--
Jim in NC

Old March 19th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
And Scary Mary says that the pilot should have been able to look out
the side window, open it, and yell at the jogger before hitting him.

Sounds a bit ridiculous...

Don't think the windows roll down on the Lancair IV-P, do they?
They're basically fixed in the gull-wing type door, I think...

On Mar 16, 10:33 pm, "Stephen!" wrote:
Mark wrote in news:afca5384-468a-4a8c-b3a9-
:

First, he's leaking oil and can't see out the windshield.

Then, his propeller came off? Strange.

Perhaps a major failure of the governor...?

--
RCOS #7
IBA# 11465http://imagesdesavions.com

The aircraft wasn't necessarily silent. Recall that the "jogger" was
enjoying music through headphones. As to Scary Mary; she isn't my only
annoyance on the aviation scene, but she does manage to stay on the list.

Old March 20th 10, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tiger Would

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 03:37:27 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

Mark

Don't know? Just ask the weetle one! LOL LOL LOL

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=pcNaPBYAAADhpg9s74cP6ks5iS0 8PNfeys9p7FBvuYqcsrUPIQKVkQ

*Malignant Narcissistic Personality Disorder*

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_d...ype/doc/id/419

An all-pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need
for admiration or adulation and lack of empathy, usually beginning by
early adulthood and present in various contexts. Five (or more) of the
following criteria must be met:

1.. Feels grandiose and self-importance (e.g., exaggerates
achievements
and talents to the point of lying, demands to be recognized as
superior
without commensurate achievements)

2.. Is obsessed with fantasies of unlimited success, fame, fearsome
power or omnipotence, unequalled brilliance (the cerebral narcissist),
bodily beauty or sexual performance (the somatic narcissist), or
ideal,
everlasting, all-conquering love or passion

3.. Firmly convinced that he or she is unique and, being special, can
only be understood by, should only be treated by, or associate with,
other special or unique, or high-status people (or institutions)

4.. Requires excessive admiration, adulation, attention and
affirmation
-or, failing that, wishes to be feared and to be notorious
(narcissistic supply).

5.. Feels entitled. Expects unreasonable or special and favourable
priority treatment. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or
her expectations

6.. Is "interpersonally exploitative", i.e., uses others to achieve
his
or her own ends

7.. Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with or
acknowledge the feelings and needs of others

8.. Constantly envious of others or believes that they feel the same
about him or her

9..Arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes coupled with rage when
frustrated, contradicted, or confronted.

/ \
| I OWN YOU |
| BITCH! |
\__ ________/
/ ,'
/,' _
.-. .-. |_|
( o )_( o ) | |
__ / '-' '-' \ _| |_
/ / " _ | | | |_
| \ -_____- | `| | | | |
\ \`-._______.| |
_.-` /\) \ /
(_ / / /.___. \ \ / )
(_.(_/ / (_ \ \/ / _)
(_(_)_) \___/

Watch what toys you give your children, these made Mark(ie) gay!

http://tr.im/25tn
--
http://tr.im/1f9p
Old March 20th 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:00:44 -0400, Tiger Would wrote:

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 07:08:59 -0800 (PST), Mark wrote Ok, SUPRISE! It's
ME! The real Mark dropping by.

Did I mention how beautiful all my new porcelin crowns look? Yeah,
just like Hollywood. I'm convinced my new white smile is playing a
part in keeping my new 19 year old girlfriend mesmerized. Or maybe
it's just all this enthusiastic confident energy I'm exuding. What
young beauty wouldn't **** a tall, muscular, rich pilot-musician.

Hell, if I was a beautiful young girl, I'd let me... **** me.

Speaking of ****ing- Hey Jeffrey, go **** yourself. LOL! No one else
will. Ha ha ha ha ha. Where's your Piper Seneca, you little liar.

Ha, ha. Damn, I'm so much better than you.

Mark, rich handsome genius and...

inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.
And much much more including wealthy beyond anything you can imagine.
My website http://www.hosanna1.com/ www.myspace.com/gayincarolina
Old March 20th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,misc.writing,alt.religion.kibology
Dr. HotSalt

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 11:12:01 -0400, Mark wrote:

Did I mention how beautiful all my new porcelin crowns look? Yeah,
just like Hollywood. I'm convinced my new white smile is playing a
part in keeping my new 19 year old girlfriend mesmerized. Or maybe
it's just all this enthusiastic confident energy I'm exuding. What
young beauty wouldn't **** a tall, muscular, rich pilot-musician.

Hell, if I was a beautiful young girl, I'd let me... **** me.

Speaking of ****ing- Hey Jeffrey, go **** yourself. LOL! No one else
will. Ha ha ha ha ha. Where's your Piper Seneca, you little liar.

Ha, ha. Damn, I'm so much better than you.

Mark, rich handsome genius and...

inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.
And much much more including wealthy beyond anything you can imagine.
My website http://www.hosanna1.com/ www.myspace.com/gayincarolina

This is a question directed at the "Mark" who advertises "his" website
as http://www.hosanna1.com/ .....

Just two questions...

1.) Is this really your website?

2.) Is it true, as you state in your website, that you are born-again
(a follower of the Messiah, Jesus)?

Actually a third question...

Would you be willing to go to private email with me if the answer to
the above questions are "yes?" And drop by my house for a teabag
party?

Thanks,

Dr, HotSalt