C-150 turbine time!!!

Old May 15th 05, 06:01 PM
Bob Gardner

Default C-150 turbine time!!!

Flash!! A Washington Post story reprinted in the Seattle Times says that a
Cessna 150 is a turboprop!!

Bob Gardner

Old May 15th 05, 06:06 PM
Garner Miller

In article , Bob Gardner
wrote:

Flash!! A Washington Post story reprinted in the Seattle Times says that a
Cessna 150 is a turboprop!!

Oh, MAN, how cool would one of those be...

--
Garner R. Miller
ATP/CFII/MEI
Old May 15th 05, 06:43 PM
Dave S

Garner Miller wrote:

In article , Bob Gardner
wrote:

Flash!! A Washington Post story reprinted in the Seattle Times says that a
Cessna 150 is a turboprop!!

Oh, MAN, how cool would one of those be...

You'd run out of fuel during the taxi...

Dave

Old May 15th 05, 08:09 PM
Sport Pilot

Dave S wrote:
Garner Miller wrote:

In article , Bob Gardner
wrote:

Flash!! A Washington Post story reprinted in the Seattle Times says

that a
Cessna 150 is a turboprop!!

Oh, MAN, how cool would one of those be...

You'd run out of fuel during the taxi...

Dave

They make turbine jet engines for model airplanes now. I even recall
someone attaching a ring gear to the impeller and making a turbo prop
out of it. So a turbo prop C 150 would not be impossible.

So would a turboprop equiped C 150 have made the last three miles?

Old May 15th 05, 08:52 PM
Ben Hallert

These folks are working on an economical GA turboprop that could
probably be fitted to a 152 just fine, they talk about FWF kits for
other O-235 planes, why not the 152?

http://www.innodyn.com/

Old May 15th 05, 09:41 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Ben Hallert" wrote in message
ups.com...
These folks are working on an economical GA turboprop that could
probably be fitted to a 152 just fine, they talk about FWF kits for
other O-235 planes, why not the 152?

http://www.innodyn.com/

These folks have been peddling turbines for years under a couple of
different company names (ATP was their first name). As of yet, I do not
believe they have shipped any customer units.

Something that really galls me about them is that they continue to push the
idea that their fuel metering system is going to make their turbine nearly
as efficient as a reciprocating engine. Ain't gonna happen unless they find
a way around one of the laws of thermodynamics.

Making their fuel efficiency claims/projections even more suspicious, they
have been either "about to conduct" or "conducting" fuel efficiency tests
for a number of years, but either don't do the testing, don't publish the
results, or claim that the results are not representative.

KB

Old May 15th 05, 09:44 PM
george

I want one. Might be only an hour endurance but I want one :-)

Old May 15th 05, 10:32 PM
Morgans

"Ben Hallert" wrote in message
ups.com...
These folks are working on an economical GA turboprop that could
probably be fitted to a 152 just fine, they talk about FWF kits for
other O-235 planes, why not the 152?

http://www.innodyn.com/

A 165 HP turboprop (the smallest they offer) would make for spritely
performance, in a 152. The gross would need to be raised, and some extra
tankage to carry enough fuel to make it worthwhile.

What do you have, then? An old airplane with enough power to pull it apart?
Hmmm.

--
Jim in NC

Old May 16th 05, 12:02 AM
houstondan

the was a 180hp 152 (t'dragger a-bat, i think) in t.a.p. and i thought
that was kinda way out there.

reminds me of people putting big v-8 motors in little bitty brit sports
cars years ago. looks like fun till you get to the first turn.

dan

Old May 16th 05, 11:35 AM
Dylan Smith

In article . com, Sport Pilot wrote:
They make turbine jet engines for model airplanes now. I even recall
someone attaching a ring gear to the impeller and making a turbo prop
out of it. So a turbo prop C 150 would not be impossible.

Someone made a turbojet powered Cri-Cri (a single seat aircraft normally