Good for two more years...

Old July 16th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Good for two more years...

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:1jkfk.20622$%q.7899
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

Like you really give a ****.

I'm a flight instructor.

You?

could give a **** less, about what you claim.

Old July 16th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:komfk.20627$%q.3919
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Did I now? What's BT?

Bertie

Duh, gee I wonder?

See?, admitting you're an idiot is the first step.

Bertie
Old July 16th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:komfk.20628$%q.2834
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:1jkfk.20622$%q.7899
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

Like you really give a ****.

I'm a flight instructor.

You?

could give a **** less, about what you claim.

Awwww.

I'm hurt

Bertie
Old July 16th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:komfk.20627$%q.3919
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Did I now? What's BT?

Bertie

Duh, gee I wonder?

See?, admitting you're an idiot is the first step.

Bertie

Yeah, I believe I would call some one else and idiot if I couldn't figure
out what BT means.

Old July 16th 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:komfk.20627$%q.3919
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Did I now? What's BT?

Bertie

Duh, gee I wonder?

See?, admitting you're an idiot is the first step.

Bertie

Yeah, I believe I would call some one else and idiot if I couldn't
figure out what BT means.

Of course you would! It's what makes you speshool .

Bertie
Old July 16th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:22:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:1jkfk.20622$%q.7899
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

Like you really give a ****.

I'm a flight instructor.

You?

Bertie

hey bertie. since you're a flight instructor ....do the yanks still do
the short course for an FAA licence based on a foreign licence?
the sorta thing you used to be able to do at oshkosh.
or have idiots like maxie and the 9/11 thing killed it forever?

something I'd like to do when I get to the US again.

Stealth Pilot
Old July 16th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

wrote:

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:1jkfk.20622$%q.7899
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

Like you really give a ****.

I'm a flight instructor.

You?

Bertie

hey bertie. since you're a flight instructor ....do the yanks still do
the short course for an FAA licence based on a foreign licence?
the sorta thing you used to be able to do at oshkosh.
or have idiots like maxie and the 9/11 thing killed it forever?

something I'd like to do when I get to the US again.

I dont think you need a course. You just get a US licence based on your
own national licence.I think there's some lead in time so they can check
you out or something, but I think there's no testing in it. You need to
give the district office near where you're going a coll a few months
beforehand, I think. They can tell you better'n me anyway.

Bertie

Old July 16th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jul 15, 9:37*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:a375b9ee-43a1-4002-98e3-
:

On Jul 15, 3:35*pm, John Smith wrote:
Passed my medical last week and did my BFR this afternoon.
I am good to go.
Because I am IR, the instructor test to that level of knowledge.
1.3 hours flight, 0.5 simulated instruments.

I had my BFR, IR, and CFI all come up next month. Luckily last week
the fires were so bad the airport was IFR for a couple of days so I
was able to get the IR current by myself. Now I just have to finish up
my FIRC and then I'll do the BFR. Technically I only need the flight
time for the BFR (the CFI counts as the ground) but I don't mind doing
both if the CFI asks. I wonder if I'll have to use IACRA to renew the
CFI or if I can still walk in the 8710.

Um, are you doing a flight chekc for the CFI of just the written?

Bertie

I'm doing an online class. At the end you take the certificate with an
8710 (as I recall) down to the FSDO and they hand you a new CFI
temporary. Also, when you go for your BFR you can actually skip the
ground 1 hr by regulation if you are a current CFI.

-Robert
Old July 16th 08, 08:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in
:

On Jul 15, 9:37*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in

-
:

[...]

OK, makes sense. Doesn't really apply to me anyway, I guess,. I couldn't
go out of BFR if I wanted to!

Bertie