PING: NOTB Agapedia Volume 3 : Twilight Of The Cats

Old July 21st 08, 06:14 AM posted to rec.arts.drwho,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.karl-malden,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.religion.asatru
Maxwell[_2_]

Default PING: NOTB Agapedia Volume 3 : Twilight Of The Cats

In article pan.2008.07.20.03.35.08.631542
@ia.ia.nngh.yog.sothoth.neblod.zin, The Black Goat With A Thousand
Young says...

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 04:13:46 +0000, peachy ashie passion fixed me with a
beady eye, and foamed wildly:
The Black Goat With A Thousand Young wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:00:46 +0100, solar penguin fixed me with a beady
eye, and foamed wildly:
hulahoop wrote:

Crossposting may not be radw's biggest problem but IMHO Yads makes an
irritating habit of it and it drags into radw people who have little
or no interest in DW but are more intent on trying to bait Yads cos he
has ****ed them off in other ng's.

For me it's not a case of I wish we could stop "those" sort of people,
I just wish they did not feel that they had to post into radw in an
attempt to have a go at Yads as it makes radw a lot less interesting
for me. That's not meant to be a "****witted control-freak ****ish
attitude" just an emotional response to lists of threads that seem
unrelated to DW

Before I started posting on radw I had never heard of Edmonton in
Canada. Now I wish I never had

I suspect you are right when you say that unmoderated usenet will
never filter out "those" sort of people, by the fact of its very
nature I suppose

Yes. Like the Doctor said, "Sad really, isn't it? People spend all
their time making nice things, and other people come along and break
them." (Hey! We're back on topic!)

I can't believe that expressing a mild disappointment when nice things
get broken would be considered a "****witted control-freak ****ish
attitude" instead of a healthy, natural reaction.

Um, x-poasting isn't about "breaking" things, it's performance art.
Kookology is one such performance art. I suggest you become comfortable
with it, instead of trying to keep it out. You'll feel much better, that
way, and will be less likely to become the straight man. So to speak.

I think you make a mistake here... while I'll grant you that some
x-posting is, I don't think I'm willing to grant all x-posts that status.

It can't, however, be controlled, despite the best efforts of the most
industrious net.KKKops. Mind you, Yads himself is also one of the latter,
which is a major k00ksign, especially since he is also a big ol'
x-poaster. "Lie back and enjoy it" is a much healthier attitude.;-{P}

So, is this whole froup like some kind of usenet mutation of 'Galaxy
Quest'?

--

"Tis an ill wind that blows no minds"