F-15/16 Harpoon ( Was: B-52/Harpoon)

Old October 14th 03, 06:26 PM
Allen Thomson

Default F-15/16 Harpoon ( Was: B-52/Harpoon)

Somewhat against my better judgment, I got interested in the current
Harpoon discussions and, googling about, found

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/.../wep-harp.html

The Harpoon missile has been integrated on foreign F-16 aircraft
and is presently being integrated on foreign F-15 aircraft.

So the question is, what countries have/are getting Harpoon
capability?

As for the F-16, the answer seems to be ROK, Japan, Saudi Arabia,
Israel, Greece, Poland, etc. Whether they actually implement the
capability is TBD.

http://www.geocities.com/~jask16/airforce/F16.html
Armament:
[other stuff]
AGM-84 Harpoon (block 50 only)

But I haven't been able to find information on who is or might be
getting the F-15 Harpoon versions. Anybody know?
Old October 14th 03, 11:10 PM
Thomas Schoene

"Allen Thomson" wrote in message
om

But I haven't been able to find information on who is or might be
getting the F-15 Harpoon versions. Anybody know?

Harpoon is part of the armament package offered for the ROK's F-15Ks.

"If brave men and women never died, there would be nothing
special about bravery." -- Andy Rooney (attributed)

Old October 15th 03, 12:20 AM
phil hunt

On 14 Oct 2003 10:26:37 -0700, Allen Thomson wrote:
Somewhat against my better judgment, I got interested in the current
Harpoon discussions and, googling about, found

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/.../wep-harp.html

The Harpoon missile has been integrated on foreign F-16 aircraft
and is presently being integrated on foreign F-15 aircraft.

So the question is, what countries have/are getting Harpoon
capability?

As for the F-16, the answer seems to be ROK, Japan, Saudi Arabia,
Israel, Greece, Poland, etc.

Since when does Poland have the F-16?

(My real email address would be if you added 275
to it and reversed the last two letters).

Old October 15th 03, 01:53 AM
Thomas Schoene

wrote:

So the question is, what countries have/are getting Harpoon
capability?

As for the F-16, the answer seems to be ROK, Japan, Saudi Arabia,
Israel, Greece, Poland, etc.

Since when does Poland have the F-16?

Poland is getting F-16 Block 52s starting in 2006.

Old October 15th 03, 02:10 AM
Owe Jessen

Am Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:20:29 +0100, schrieb
ess (phil hunt) :

Since when does Poland have the F-16?

Probably not yet, but ISTR they decided upon the F-16 in their
modernization program.

Owe
--
My from-adress is valid and being read.
www.owejessen.de
Old October 15th 03, 06:35 AM
Fred J. McCall

"Thomas Schoene" wrote:

:"Allen Thomson" wrote in message
. com
:
: But I haven't been able to find information on who is or might be
: getting the F-15 Harpoon versions. Anybody know?
:
:Harpoon is part of the armament package offered for the ROK's F-15Ks.

But we won't need to worry about them modifying it for land attack
purposes.

--
"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."
-- Charles Pinckney
Old October 15th 03, 06:44 AM
Fred J. McCall

: wrote:
:
: So the question is, what countries have/are getting Harpoon
: capability?
:
: As for the F-16, the answer seems to be ROK, Japan, Saudi Arabia,
: Israel, Greece, Poland, etc.
:
: Since when does Poland have the F-16?
:
:Poland is getting F-16 Block 52s starting in 2006.

And we don't need to worry about them modifying Harpoon to get a land
attack weapon out of it, either.

Old October 15th 03, 08:51 AM
ken

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:26:37 -0700, Allen Thomson wrote:

But I haven't been able to find information on who is or might be
getting the F-15 Harpoon versions. Anybody know?

Check out the picture of Taiwanese Air Force F-16 launches Harpoon

http://www.roc-taiwan.org/taiwan/5-g...k/chpt08-3.htm

Old October 15th 03, 01:48 PM
Fred J. McCall

http://www.spacewar.com/2003/030418085957.k6widswh.html