ventus C 17.5 versus ls6-18

Old November 15th 04, 03:26 PM
F.L. Whiteley

Well, AFAIK, these 'banana' shaped tips (for lack of a better term) were
never made available in the US. Martyn did very well against the N4s,
ASW22s, N3s, ASH25s, and others IIRC. He flew 'hors concours' but would
have placed 1st handicapped and 5th scratch as the scoring went. That was
out of 45.

Frank

"Andrew Warbrick" wrote in message
I don't know, I called Martyn when I bought my LS6c-17.5,
his comment was along the lines that upgrading to the
18m or 15m winglets from the straight 17.5 and 15m
tips wouldn't be worth it for the marginal performance
gain.

At 07:54 14 November 2004, F.L. Whiteley wrote:
the ls6/18 with tips that are unavailable in the US

last seen on Martyn Welles LS-6 at the 1994 UK opens.

'Stuart Kinnear' wrote in message
Which is the better glider ??
Stuart Kinnear

Old November 25th 04, 05:53 AM
John Bojack

Uhhhhmmmm? Do you mean the 18m tips with the upswept "winglets"?

I've got them on my 18m LS-6c. What other special tips are there?

John J4

Old November 25th 04, 07:34 AM
F.L. Whiteley

These looked like bananas. Last time I discussed them with Aland, he said
they weren't on the TC for the US. Got an image link somewhere? I'm trying
to think if I have a photo or video of Martyn's I might be able to dig out.

Frank

"John Bojack" wrote in message
[...]

"zero" versus "oscar" versus "sierra" Ron Garret Piloting 30 December 20th 04 08:49 AM
Ventus 2b for sale, moving to open class Tom Kreyche Soaring 3 May 7th 04 03:10 AM
TURBULATOR TAPE ON VENTUS B Ventus B Soaring 5 February 18th 04 08:27 PM
Ventus & Ventus 2 John W Soaring 3 December 7th 03 03:55 AM
Ventus C vs B tango4 Soaring 6 September 10th 03 03:29 AM