ILS approach KJAN with ATC communications - Video

Old February 21st 09, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default ILS approach KJAN with ATC communications - Video

Under VMC conditions figure to knock out some approaches. As you can
see from the ATC transmissions, it really does pay to make a face to
face visit to your local controllers. It really does make it much
more "personal" over the radio putting a face to a name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mam6tgJCSnk

The second half of this video, to make things a little different, I
talked out loud my scan and what instruments I was looking at from the
middle marker to the inner marker beacons. Be interesting to get
feedback and see if anybody can help me improve on what I am doing.

My next video still to be compiled (will post under this thread)
things got a little discombobulated on my next approach when a
Southwest Airlines flight had to go around. My approach clearance was
canceled and the controller worked me in a line of high speed traffic
and asked for best forward speed. I did 110 knots down to the inner
marker. Always amazes me how the decks can be re-arranged in an
orderly manner..

I would have loved to trade places for a go around in a commercial
jet! Not sure what the cause of the go around was for the 737 as
winds were calm
Old February 22nd 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

ATC Chess - Video with ATC COMS

My second ILS approach into KJAN on Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBRH6O2y97k

Video includes me being extended for sequencing, wake turbulence
advisory for me, helicopter opposite direction approach request not
approved for traffic flow considerations,

Southwest flight 1692 2 planes in front of me did a go around.
Approach asked if I would mind being re-sequenced, which I did not
mind.

ILS approach was done with my "best forward" speed of 110 knots. When
I deployed the first notch of flaps over the inner marker is when I
was safely inside the white arc.

Takes a long time to bleed off that energy!

Last approach is a VOR alpha back to KMBO.
Old March 3rd 09, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Joe

BeechSundowner wrote:
ATC Chess - Video with ATC COMS

My second ILS approach into KJAN on Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBRH6O2y97k

Video includes me being extended for sequencing, wake turbulence
advisory for me, helicopter opposite direction approach request not
approved for traffic flow considerations,

Southwest flight 1692 2 planes in front of me did a go around.
Approach asked if I would mind being re-sequenced, which I did not
mind.

ILS approach was done with my "best forward" speed of 110 knots. When
I deployed the first notch of flaps over the inner marker is when I
was safely inside the white arc.

Takes a long time to bleed off that energy!

Last approach is a VOR alpha back to KMBO.

Why don't you save these videos for your family's viewing?

Your ego trip is unimpressive.
Old March 4th 09, 02:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

On Mar 3, 10:09*am, Joe wrote:

Why don't you save these videos for your family's viewing?

Your ego trip is unimpressive.-

Don't read my post or watch them then. You have the choice,

I am not stopping you. :-)))
Old March 5th 09, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steve

On Mar 5, 12:11*am, BeechSundowner wrote:
On Mar 3, 10:09*am, Joe wrote:

Why don't you save these videos for your family's viewing?

Your ego trip is unimpressive.-

Don't read my post or watch them then. *You have the choice,

I am not stopping you. :-)))

And many of us enjoy them.

Keep up the good work - I envy you for flying as often as you do when
I am usually stuck behind a desk