Pix & Video from OSH '09

Old August 9th 09, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Pix & Video from OSH '09

I present, for your viewing pleasure, 200+ pix and several videos, all taken
last week at Oshkosh Airventure 2009:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oshkosh_2009.htm

Included in this collection is exceedingly rare, uncut footage of Jay, Mary,
and Brian Douglas singing karaoke at a formerly semi-respectable Oshkosh
bar... All I can say is "Never again!" Uff-da!

;-)

And, of course, there are pix from the world's only Fly-In Pool Party, and
the Wednesday North 40 Party.

Enjoy!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 9th 09, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article KCrfm.819309$yE1.546468@attbi_s21,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

I present, for your viewing pleasure, 200+ pix and several videos, all taken
last week at Oshkosh Airventure 2009:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/oshkosh_2009.htm

Included in this collection is exceedingly rare, uncut footage of Jay, Mary,
and Brian Douglas singing karaoke at a formerly semi-respectable Oshkosh
bar... All I can say is "Never again!" Uff-da!

;-)

And, of course, there are pix from the world's only Fly-In Pool Party, and
the Wednesday North 40 Party.

Jay,

The "Cessna Airmaster" ISN'T an Airmaster! It is either a C190 or C195,
depending on the engine.

The Airmaster was wooden-winged, with a steel tube fuselage and
fabric-covered, with a Warner engine and non-bumped cowl.

The C190/195 were all-metal, with either a Jacobs or Lycoming radial and
the bumbed cowl.

Old August 9th 09, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

The "Cessna Airmaster" ISN'T an Airmaster! It is either a C190 or C195,
depending on the engine.

That's what *I* thought, too, but my A&P told me that it was actually an
Airmaster.

Oh, well -- whatever it was, it's a gorgeous aircraft!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 9th 09, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Robert Moore

Orval Fairbairn wrote
The "Cessna Airmaster" ISN'T an Airmaster! It is either a C190 or
C195, depending on the engine.

And.....the Albatross isn't an Albatross either. Looks like a "Goose" to
me. ))
In order from smallest to largest, they are Widgeon, Goose, Mallard, and
then Albatross.

Bob Moore
Old August 9th 09, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Spera

Jay,

For those of us who did not make it, the pictures are really great. My love
of big crowds left me in one of the 20,000+ seat arenas I did sound
engineering for in the rock and roll days (1969 - 1982).

I always felt I should drive up or fly in with someone else. But that would
be like cheating.

Anyway, great job on the pix.

Mike

Old August 10th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

For those of us who did not make it, the pictures are really great. My
love of big crowds left me in one of the 20,000+ seat arenas I did sound
engineering for in the rock and roll days (1969 - 1982).

I hate big crowds, too -- but OSH isn't like rock concerts. Except when
you're in the big expo display hangars, you are never shoulder-to-shoulder.
You don't need to ever set foot in them.

In fact, I know folks who spend the entire week at OSH and never leave the
solitude of the North 40. It's nice out there, and can be quite peaceful.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 09, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Dan D[_2_]

This is a great video he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKU0uQki5Dc

Old August 12th 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Dave[_22_]

*"Jay Honeck" wrote:

[...]

Remove _'s *from email address to talk to me.

I'm sure the plane in question is a 195 - 190's are few and far
between (think I've only seen one)

There WAS an Airmaster there - kind of hard to miss, since it was on
floats (probably the only
one in existance). I have a photo, but don't seem to have the option
to attach it. Perhaps later.

BTW - this one did have a bump cowl.

Dave

Old August 12th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck[_2_]

This is a great video he
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKU0uQki5Dc

Agreed, although (as usual) this video almost completely ignores the North
40 and the daily arrivals/departures. That's the REAL "airshow" at OSH.

Not that I blame the film maker -- it's hard to ignore the thunder and
splash of the warbirds -- but Oshkosh is a fly-in, not an air show. The
heart and soul of it beats in the North 40, South 40, homebuilt and vintage
areas, and (more importantly) the pilots who fly in.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

gratis jamba handyvideo lustige jamba videos fuer handy jamba videoin handy format jamba handy video 3gp jamba handy videos free download jambahandy video schuelerin [email protected] Piloting 0 May 25th 08 01:00 PM
FUN VIDEO [email protected] Soaring 2 August 8th 06 02:29 PM
VIDEO: Frecce Tricolore collides over Ramstein - a new head on video Montblack Piloting 1 February 12th 05 04:03 AM
next Video... David O'Brien Soaring 0 January 4th 05 08:32 PM