Anyone know of this airplane?

Old February 1st 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Anyone know of this airplane?

This may sound like a silly question but:

Some time ago my father passed away suddenly when I was a teenager and my
mother sold his airplane. I don't know much about the transaction only that
my fathers C182 left Canada and headed down to the States. Fast Forward 22
years and I happen to find a US aircraft registry search online so I
decided to try and see if I could find the whearabouts of the old plane,
Volia! I found out where it is and it's new registration number. Now without
prying to much into the new owners privacy I was just wondering if anyone
here is familiar with a C182 that is registered to a gentleman in Boise
Idaho with "N" number N34BB. I have done a fair amount of searching online
to see if I could find some pictures of the plane with no luck.

I would love to find out if it still has the old colors or if it has been
repainted, where it has been these last 20 or so years and/or if it has been
modifed!

Now like I said I don't intend to pry into anyones privacy or make an issue
out of it, it's just that I have some very fond memories of my father and I
going flying in this plane. My father owned the plane for many years and
from the time I was old enough to walk he would take me up with him.

Shortly before he died he put me in the left seat a few times and was
teaching me how to fly, Doing circuits around Salmon Arm (CZAM). Those were
some of the best days of my young years.

Thanks in advance of any info you may have.

Old February 2nd 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Volia! I found out where it is and it's new registration number. Now
without
prying to much into the new owners privacy I was just wondering if anyone
here is familiar with a C182 that is registered to a gentleman in Boise
Idaho with "N" number N34BB. I have done a fair amount of searching online
to see if I could find some pictures of the plane with no luck.

Why don't you just write a letter to -- or call -- this guy?:

N-number : N34BBAircraft Serial Number : 33725
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 182
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : O-470 SERIES
Aircraft Year :
Owner Name : MCVAY LARRY A
Owner Address : 2122 IRENE ST
BOISE, ID, 83702
Type of Owner : Co-ownership
Registration Date : 21-Jun-1990
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 2nd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 00:26:31 GMT, "Michael Ware"
wrote:

Yes, if he's like most of us, once he hears your story, he'd probably be
thrilled to tell you all about it or send you some photos.

There is a nice article in this month's Sport Aviation describing a
son's search for the Luscombe his father once owned.

He found it, and (later) ended up buying it.

I think this is a common want/desire for those of us who have
relatives who flew.

-Nathan

Old February 2nd 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Nathan Young" wrote)
There is a nice article in this month's Sport Aviation describing a son's
search for the Luscombe his father once owned.

He found it, and (later) ended up buying it.

I think this is a common want/desire for those of us who have relatives
who flew.

Great book (It's a boat not a plane, though). Mom and Dad bought us all a
copy of this book for Christmas in 1989. "The author and his father restore
his 1938 17' Chris-Craft runabout."

http://www.godine.com/books/titles/1567922147.html
From Publishers Weekly
"Not just for boating enthusiasts, this account of a two-year struggle to
resurrect a 50-year-old Chris Craft motorboat, Miss Emily , and turn it into
a trophy winner at a boat show is a story of and for fathers and sons. St.
Paul Pioneer Press Dispatch columnist Soucheray depicts his father as a
loving man reluctant to show his emotions, yet captivated by motorboats,
which he moored and piloted on various Minnesota lakes; he communicated this
enthusiasm to his son, and boats became the link that bound them. When the
author had the rare good fortune to recover one of his father's old boats
(it was too rotted to be repaired), he was able to strip off its hardware
and use this in the boat he was refinishing, thus strengthening the
filial/paternal bond. Happily, the dying father lived long enough to witness
his son's triumphant handiwork."

Montblack

Old February 2nd 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

I'm glad to see that you appreciated the time spent with your father in
the airplane.

And to think that I am a CFII, own two airplanes, and have only
been able to get 1 of my 3 children to let me teach them how to fly.
I even tried the angle of "You will have fond memories of our time
together one of theses days", but teenagers just know too much
to listen to their parents.

If my father had offered a "let me teach you to fly for free and
you can use my airplane" deal to me when I was a teenager, I would
have flown him into the poor house! (Still would!!!)

Maybe my oldest son who now has his private will will be able
to make the other two wish they had learned after I'm dead and gone.

Ronnie

Old February 2nd 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Why don't you just write a letter to -- or call -- this guy?:

N-number : N34BBAircraft Serial Number :

33725
Aircraft Manufacturer : CESSNA
Model : 182
Engine Manufacturer : CONT MOTOR
Model : O-470 SERIES
Aircraft Year :
Owner Name : MCVAY LARRY A
Owner Address : 2122 IRENE ST
BOISE, ID, 83702
Type of Owner : Co-ownership
Registration Date : 21-Jun-1990
Airworthiness Certificate Type : Standard
Approved Operations : Normal
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Actually that is a great idea Jay!. I'll give it a try and see what I come
up with. Thanks!

Old February 2nd 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"nobody" wrote in message
om...
I'm glad to see that you appreciated the time spent with your father in
the airplane.

And to think that I am a CFII, own two airplanes, and have only
been able to get 1 of my 3 children to let me teach them how to fly.
I even tried the angle of "You will have fond memories of our time
together one of theses days", but teenagers just know too much
to listen to their parents.

If my father had offered a "let me teach you to fly for free and
you can use my airplane" deal to me when I was a teenager, I would
have flown him into the poor house! (Still would!!!)

Maybe my oldest son who now has his private will will be able
to make the other two wish they had learned after I'm dead and gone.

Ronnie

Some of my fondest memories of my father are when the two of us would go
flying. Still brings a small tear just thinking about it!

My younger sister has already beaten me to it and she has her PPL.

I have made a promise to myself to go and get the darned thing!

Old February 2nd 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

And AnyWho.com came up with

Mcvay, Larry A

2122 W Irene St
Boise, ID 83702
208-383-9169

If you wanted to call him.

The internet is amazing.

I did the same thing when I need a question answered by a previous owner.

Ross
KSWI

Old February 7th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

When I tried to find what happened to the only airplane my father ever
bought new (his last airplane, a 1964 S-35 Bonanza), I used the tail number
to search the FAA database. Once I had the owner's name, I used Yahoo to
find his telephone number and called him. He supplied the serial number,
which enabled me to get enough information from Beech on the paint scheme
that my brothers and I could have a model made with the same paint scheme,
and with "White Knuckle Airways" painted on the sides like Dad had on his.
The current owner also copied the log books, so that when we presented Dad
with the model on his birthday, he could see what had happened to his plane
over the intervening years. That model with its log book copies was one of
his favorite possessions until he died.

You'll notice that I've expropriated Dad's "Airline" name. I have it on my
flying cap, along with Dad's old Air Force wings. My partners won't let me
paint it on our Archer.