Need a source for a Fuel Sight Gauge.

Old November 30th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ebby

Default Need a source for a Fuel Sight Gauge.

I purchased the Stearman type sight gauge from Aircraft spruce and it's too
deep for my Hatz fuel tank. The company says it's not modifiable. So I am
looking for another source of this type of gauge. The depth of my tank is
about 4" at its deepest.

They might be saying the gauge can't be modified for legal reasons. To me
it looks like it would be easy to modify except for the red quantity
markings on the side of the plastic tube.

Anyone have advice on this issue?

--
John "Ebby" Ebensperger
Hatz Classic s/n37

Old December 1st 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wingman

Drew Dalgleish wrote:
Can you install it at an angle ?

I purchased the Stearman type sight gauge from Aircraft spruce and it's too
deep for my Hatz fuel tank. The company says it's not modifiable. So I am
looking for another source of this type of gauge. The depth of my tank is
about 4" at its deepest.

They might be saying the gauge can't be modified for legal reasons. To me
it looks like it would be easy to modify except for the red quantity
markings on the side of the plastic tube.

Anyone have advice on this issue?

--
John "Ebby" Ebensperger
Hatz Classic s/n37
Camden, NY

Try a guage from an Aircoupe thay only hold 9 gal.

Old December 3rd 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ebby

Thanks. Come to find out the gauge comes completely apart. I plan on
cutting the tube down to size, and the float wire can also be shortened.
The only real problem will be to remove the red fractional markngs and
recalibrate. I think I mignt try vinyl letters to make new quantity
markings.

Ebby
"wingman" wrote in message
oups.com...