Medicals and LSA

Old November 18th 04, 01:39 AM
doc

Default Medicals and LSA

My medical will be up soon.

I've no reason to think I can't pass again, but the LSA rule does
seem to present a powerful argument for not trying.

Do any DME's agree to give the test first, then forget they ever saw
you if you fail?
Old November 18th 04, 03:10 AM
john smith

Just make certain that the office staff do not begin filling out the
official form when you arrive for your appointment.
The forms have serial numbers and I am guessing that the Docs have to
account for each one.

Old November 18th 04, 02:34 PM
Richard Russell

doc wrote:
My medical will be up soon.

I've no reason to think I can't pass again, but the LSA rule does
seem to present a powerful argument for not trying.

Do any DME's agree to give the test first, then forget they ever saw
you if you fail?

I've wondered the same thing about life insurance for pilots. I keep
getting these offers in the mail and I read them thoroughly, hoping to
find a clause about "pre-qualifying" without formally applying. I
haven't seen it yet. I have no reason to believe that I wouldn't
qualify, but having to acknowledge that you were turned down for life
insurance (or offered a higher rate) can be a major complicating
factor in a number of instances.
Rich Russell
Old November 19th 04, 06:48 AM
rocky

doc wrote:
My medical will be up soon.

I've no reason to think I can't pass again, but the LSA rule does
seem to present a powerful argument for not trying.

Do any DME's agree to give the test first, then forget they ever saw
you if you fail?

Go for a standard DOT physical (the one for your Commercial Driver
License). Same physical. If you pass then ask fot the FAA paperwork.
Works for me.