Step climbs

Old March 1st 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default mxsmanic

Gary writes:

We wish you could, too.

Every thread I have started has discussed aviation.

Old March 1st 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Kingfish

Default Step climbs

On Feb 28, 4:17 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Kingfish writes:
You are too funny (and delusional). I finally see the reality
disconnect here. With all your expertise, you should petition the FAA
Administrator to be awarded a 747-400 type rating. Clearly you have
mastered that aircraft. Congrats.

Clearly, you're not familiar with the procedures in question, or you would not
be so surprised when I saw that I know them. Engaging autoland, for example,
requires pressing only a single button.

You're right, I'm not. I don't fly a 747, I fly a Pilatus. But I'm not
trying to convince people that I actually know how to operate a 747 AP
based only on experience gained from a MS simulator.

Old March 1st 07, 07:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Kingfish writes:

You're right, I'm not. I don't fly a 747, I fly a Pilatus.

I'm familiar with the procedures, however. If you wish, I can explain them to
you.

But I'm not trying to convince people that I actually know how
to operate a 747 AP based only on experience gained from a MS simulator.

Since you know nothing of the topic by your own admission, what you are trying
to do isn't terribly relevant.

Old March 1st 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

EridanMan,

I understand you're looking for knowledge...

How on earth did you come to that conclusion? That's the last thing MX
is looking for. If he were, he'd take a more efficient route to get it.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old March 1st 07, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Mxsmanic,

Maturity does not suffice?

It probably would, yes. What's that got to do with your behaviour?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old March 2nd 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
news
EridanMan writes:

So you see this forum as nothing more than a playground to exploit to
get your needs met, not as a community of fellow human beings who
share some of your interests...

A resource, rather than a playground. No, I don't see it as a community.
People who treat mere newsgroups as communities may have some unresolved
issues. Not every venue for human interaction has to turn into a social
club.

Classic Sociopathic mindset.

Were I to make a similar proclamation about aviation, you'd criticize me
for
not being a credentialed expert in the field. What are your credentials
for
diagnosing psychological problems?

It is called common sense, something you lack in spades.

DW

Old March 2nd 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

On Mar 2, 11:05 am, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

news

EridanMan writes:

So you see this forum as nothing more than a playground to exploit to
get your needs met, not as a community of fellow human beings who
share some of your interests...

A resource, rather than a playground. No, I don't see it as a community.
People who treat mere newsgroups as communities may have some unresolved
issues. Not every venue for human interaction has to turn into a social
club.

Classic Sociopathic mindset.

Were I to make a similar proclamation about aviation, you'd criticize me
for
not being a credentialed expert in the field. What are your credentials
for
diagnosing psychological problems?

It is called common sense, something you lack in spades.

DW- Hide quoted text -

If you want to use more than common sense do a search on "DSM
301.81". It's interesting trying to decide which of the 9
characteristics of a narcissistic personality disorder do NOT apply to
Anthony. Among professional shrinks if at least 5 fit the
classification is considered valid.

Peer judgements, not self diagnostics, are fairly reliable. Re self
judgement, yeah, like a narcissist would admit it.

I wonder why my wife, who is a psychologist, had that funny look in
her eye when I was asking her about this.

Hmmm.

Diana-2 : next step Yurek Soaring 7 June 20th 05 07:29 PM
Flying on the step? [email protected] Piloting 30 November 3rd 04 01:06 AM
Step-up Planning O. Sami Saydjari Owning 24 October 4th 04 04:04 AM
Climbs, Descents, and Approaches pdxflyer Aviation Marketplace 0 March 7th 04 01:37 AM
Climbs and Descents pdxflyer Piloting 0 March 1st 04 07:17 AM