Thoughts on a beautiful spring evening...

Old May 25th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

Default Thoughts on a beautiful spring evening...

On 2008-05-24, Dylan Smith wrote:
If you get a proper community going, then people go to the airport to go
to the airport and see their friends, rather than thinking 'well, I
can't be bothered to go and do a local flight in the FBO's spam can'.
When you get a group of pilots socializing at an airport, aviating tends
to spontaneously occur at some point.

There was a lot of that at the Ellington Field while I was a member. I can't
even find mention of the club any more.

It's that kind of thing I'd like to see out at FRM, and haven't...
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 25th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.notb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
news

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

And you engage me all the time, fjukkwit.

You just don't know it.

Bertie

You're either a lying piece of **** or completely deranged. Jay hasn't
said **** to you, directly or indirectly in months.

Oh? i hadn't noticed/

Your pathetic cries are actually kind of funny, in an mxsmanic kind of
way.

Really? Says more about you than me, fjukkwit.

Bertie
Old May 25th 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.fan.notb,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.religion.asatru,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Martin Hotze wrote in news:g19h88$1p8$1
@kirk.hotze.com:

Jay Honeck schrieb:
I'll file that away for future reference!
You are SO lucky Mary doesn't read usenet....

Heh, heh, heh.

Yep!

Well, a real man has the balls and tells his wife.

#m

Mine sees some of what I poast and thinks it's a sin tht i torment the
afflicted.

Bertie
Old May 25th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

From: Martin Hotze

Well, a real man has the balls and tells his wife.

#m

For once, Martin, I'm in agreement with you 100%.
I have a hard, fast, no exceptions, rule that has kept my marriage
together for decades.........If I won't tell my wife I did it, I don't
do it.

Hell, one time many years ago, I was doing the "Night out at the titty
bars" thing with some friends and my wife invited herself along to see
what goes on there. My friends enjoyed her company, she had a good
time, and I wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as I thought I'd be.
Her curiosity satisfied, she's never asked to go along again and just
says "Have fun, Darling".
On occasion, she'll add a description of what she'll be wearing to bed
and suggests I wake her up when I get home.

Way too much info or not enough. i haven't decided.

Bertie

Old May 26th 08, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
I'll file that away for future reference!

You are SO lucky Mary doesn't read usenet....

Heh, heh, heh.
Yep!

:-)

Yeah, but she is a pilot and she knows how to interpret the weather, you
better have a rough running mag. Of course in the morning it oddly
burns right off.

BTW YOU would never get away with it.

Margy
Old May 26th 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

On 2008-05-22, BDS wrote:
Our home base is starting to look like a ghost town. The ramp used to be
brimming with aircraft and it's so sparsely populated now it's actually
depressing.

All of the hangars at FRM are occupied (though one is currently occupied by
a couple of the airport manager's boats, which will be moved to make room
for my airplane)...but nothing lives on the ramp, and there is a distinct
lack of hangar flying in the evenings I've been out there.

Only aircraft on the ramp at FTG are those stranded by a school going
under, a couple for sale, and a couple that don't know any better. Every
time I think I'll give up the hangar and move to the ramp (and save
$200/mo) we get a hail storm. Gotta love the hangar!

Come to think of it, the hangars are full, but there's quite a number
of empty foreclosures in my neighborhood of patio homes....

Old May 27th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

BTW YOU would never get away with it.

Don't I know it!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old May 27th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:2BJ_j.181484
$yE1.89268@attbi_s21:

BTW YOU would never get away with it.