Discus prices : Europe

Old June 25th 15, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter F[_2_]

Default Discus prices : Europe

Quick question. What is the going rate for a Discus B or CS in Europe?
There doesnt seem to have been many for sale this winter/spring so not
much to base an insurance value on.

Looking for a value for1995 or later, winglets, basic panel, no fancy vario

good trailer and gelcoat.

As mentioned above I haven't seen any for sale either at
www.segelflug.de or www.gliderpilot.net
(Although there is an unloved example on glderpilot for 18000 GBP)

Thanks

Old June 26th 15, 06:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

That unloved Discus is mine
Bought from a club and in need of a new coat of paint.

A good Discus should still go for 35k-40k euro with a cobra trailer.

If you are actually asking the question as to how much to insure your glider for, then that is slightly different.
I have mine insured for what it will cost me to replace it. Not what I think it is worth, nor what I paid for it.

Break your glider today, and you need to buy something tomorrow, it might be expensive if you are under-insured.

D-KCUF
Old June 26th 15, 07:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Neave[_2_]

My Discus is about the right Spec.

1997, Winglets, good Gel, Komet trailer.
I think it falls into the "Good Discus" category, but I'm biased

It's insured at 30K GBP for Hull + 3K trailer.
I recon that if it (but not I) get written off the 30K will buy me a
replacement outfit. Insuring for 25K won't save you much but will make
finding a replacement much harder, or more expensive!
Insurance company would probably object if you tried insuring for 50K!

I'm presuming that Discus don't appear in the classifieds because they get
sold without having to advertise.
Supply (limted) & demand (high) will keep prices up

KN