Cool attitude indicator

Old April 12th 05, 05:18 AM
Morgans

"Stefan" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert wrote:

How about having to drag an icon of a diskette to the Trashcan to eject

the
thing? Talk about intuitive!

Well, until this day I have this vague notion in the back of my head

that it
will delete the contents rather than ejecting it whenever I do it.

You still do? Interesting, since they've changed this a couple of years

ago.

Stefan

Really, it doesn't even do that. All it does is tell the OS that the
stuff's (deleted files) addresses, are now available to have "new" stuff
written in that location. That is why there are programs that can go back
and retrieve files that have supposedly been deleted.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 12th 05, 12:38 PM
Thomas Borchert

George,

The AI behaves just like the real world.

Feels the same to me. The one time this is confusing is with a sim like
MS FS, where nothing is really moving.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old April 13th 05, 05:32 PM
Bob Moore

(Paul Tomblin) wrote
Russian/Soviet AIs do the opposite - the horizon line is fixed and the
little airplane moves. It must be very confusing for people who had to
switch between "our" sort and "those" sort or back the other way.

Maybe some of them did, but the AI in the YAK-52s that I have
instructed in, had the horizon moving and the airplane fixed.
They were different from the "average" AI however, in that the
horizon ball was gimbled in an almost free fashion and had no
stops that would cause a "flip" during loops and rolls. The
downside of this arrangement was that the "blue" side was on
the bottom when "staight and level" and when pitching-up, the
horizon line on the ball moved up showing more of the Blue-On-
The-Bottom.

Bob Moore